Ysearch Data Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ysearch Data Updates

I revisited my Ysearch account and discovered that the data from my FTDNA 67 markers upgrade was not there. I dutifully keyboarded the repeats for each additional marker.

How difficult would it be for FTDNA to automatically upload upgraded data to Ysearch and Mitosearch?

Itzhak,

You actually could have gone back to your Y-DNA Matches page and uploaded the results from there. In fact, you probably still can -- I don't think it will know that you manually updated the values.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
      Itzhak,

You actually could have gone back to your Y-DNA Matches page and uploaded the results from there. In fact, you probably still can -- I don't think it will know that you manually updated the values.

Elise
      I looked for the Ysearch markers' uploading prompt and could not find it. There is a facility for uploading gedcoms.

However, even if uploading markers' data was easier, FTDNA should automatically update Ysearch data upon FTDNA upgrades.

Comment

I don't think so. It is a public database and I should be the one to decide if and when and what I want to upgrade, not FTDNA....

Comment

Originally posted by marvallen
          I don't think so. It is a public database and I should be the one to decide if and when and what I want to upgrade, not FTDNA....
          OK. Then we should be given the option, upon enrollment, of either having FTDNA update automatically or us doing it as we choose. I suspect that most participants would opt for atuomatic uploading.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzhak Epstein
            OK. Then we should be given the option, upon enrollment, of either having FTDNA update automatically or us doing it as we choose. I suspect that most participants would opt for atuomatic uploading.
            I can agree with that. I don't know that FTDNA watches this forum for suggestions though, so you might want to email them with the suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by Itzhak Epstein
              I looked for the Ysearch markers' uploading prompt and could not find it. There is a facility for uploading gedcoms.
              There's not a separate tab for it. Go to the Y-DNA Matches tab and it's in a box above your list of matches.

Comment

Working...
              X