Errant letters from FTDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errant letters from FTDNA

I'm going to e-mail FTDNA on this, but I just received an e-mail from a cousin of mine who contributed DNA for me early in 2005 with the following message:

Dear fellow genealogist,

Unfortunately the lab has been unsuccessful in extracting the DNA from both of your vials. The sample submitted was insufficient in its quantity of DNA. We apologize for the delays and any inconvenience this may have caused. When you begin the collection process, chew a little bit on the inside of the cheek (not enough to draw blood), before the scraping. This can help to create a better sample. also if you can, please wait at least eight hours between scrapings, and avoid food and beverages for at least an hour. Once agin, we apologize for the delay in your results. Thank You.

Family tree DNA

His marker results were reported fine early last year and his Deep SNP came through fine this year too.

Anyone else heard of these letters being sent in error?

Thanks.

Jane

Never mind

Never mind. This apparently has to do with a problem with the DeepSNP test I had run. They were only able to get partial results with the existing sample so I assume they sent out another kit to get another sample.

I've suggested that they e-mail everyone involved (all e-mail addresses configured for the participant) so the donors wouldn't get hit with this unexpectedly like my cousin did. The poor donors aren't going to have a clue what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by hokiejane
      Never mind. This apparently has to do with a problem with the DeepSNP test I had run. They were only able to get partial results with the existing sample so I assume they sent out another kit to get another sample.

I've suggested that they e-mail everyone involved (all e-mail addresses configured for the participant) so the donors wouldn't get hit with this unexpectedly like my cousin did. The poor donors aren't going to have a clue what's going on.
      Just out of curiosity... For which haplogroup was the Deep SNP?

Comment

Working...
      X