Transfer Genographic ID ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Genographic ID ??

Hello, can I have my National Geographic Genographic Project test result ( of 12 markers is it?) transferred directly for use on a Surname Group Project:'The World-Wide Taylor DNA Project'? And if need be will the project inform me of any requirement to increase to 37 markers to determine me in their surname or not - as I'm trying to ascertain if my father's father is his biological/genetic father, my paternal/Y-Chromosome grandfather.
    Also, can I use this same National Geographic Genographic Project Y-Chromosome test result to determine my sub-clade through deep-clade testing with FTDNA? Is it preferable I increase the number of markers tested to better determine the sub-clade, if not the Y-Chromosome Haplogroup itself?
    Thankyou

Originally posted by Conrad Taylor
    Hello, can I have my National Geographic Genographic Project test result ( of 12 markers is it?) transferred directly for use on a Surname Group Project:'The World-Wide Taylor DNA Project'? And if need be will the project inform me of any requirement to increase to 37 markers to determine me in their surname or not - as I'm trying to ascertain if my father's father is his biological/genetic father, my paternal/Y-Chromosome grandfather.
    Also, can I use this same National Geographic Genographic Project Y-Chromosome test result to determine my sub-clade through deep-clade testing with FTDNA? Is it preferable I increase the number of markers tested to better determine the sub-clade, if not the Y-Chromosome Haplogroup itself?
    Thankyou
    Hi Conrad,

Log into your Genographic Project page, go down to bottom and click on Learn More. Follow the instructions and you will quickly transfer your results to FamilyTreeDNA - who actually performed the test - and you will have a new personal page there. Click on the blue Join button and find the Taylor project and follow the instructions to join that. I doubt they will require you to upgrade to 37-markers, but you might want to anyway. You can also upgrade to the deep-clade test; that's what will better determine your subclade.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Working...
    X