Converting yDNA results to other formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting yDNA results to other formats

Has anyone else noticed these difficulties?

- If you convert the project's yDNA results to PDF, only the first 37 markers are included.

- If you convert the project's yDNA results using the Copy&Paste option, the participants' real names are included rather than their most distant ancestor--even if you have specified Most Distant Ancestor for your web site.

My goal is to archive a spreadsheet of my project's results every week or month, so that members have an alternative to FTDNA's somewhat flaky generated web site.

Originally posted by lgmayka

- If you convert the project's yDNA results to PDF, only the first 37 markers are included.

- If you convert the project's yDNA results using the Copy&Paste option, the participants' real names are included rather than their most distant ancestor--even if you have specified Most Distant Ancestor for your web site.

My goal is to archive a spreadsheet of my project's results every week or month, so that members have an alternative to FTDNA's somewhat flaky generated web site.
    Also, using the Excel option exports BOTH particpant name AND distant ancestor in the "Name" column.

Comment

Email FTDNA about this one, looks like their script hasn't been modified to include all 67 markers yet.

Workaround: After you click Copy&Paste, add "&SHOWLASTAME=A" (without the quotes) to the end of the resulting URL and reload. You'll then have the most distant ancestor shown. Might also want to suggest to FTDNA that they provide this as a point-and-click option.

Originally posted by vineviz
      Also, using the Excel option exports BOTH particpant name AND distant ancestor in the "Name" column.
      Workaround: Right click on "Download to Excel", click Copy Shortcut, paste into the Address bar of your browser and, similar to above, add &SHOWLASTNAME=A to the URL to see only the most distant ancestor. This is using MSIE, I can't remember if Firefox and other browsers say Copy Shortcut or something else.

Elise
      Last edited by efgen; 13 July 2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
        Workaround: After you click Copy&Paste, add "&SHOWLASTAME=A" (without the quotes) to the end of the resulting URL and reload.
        You mean "&SHOWLASTNAME=A" (typo). But thank you! That does the job well enough.

Comment

You mean "&SHOWLASTNAME=A" (typo). But thank you! That does the job well enough.
          Oops, yep! I had read and re-read my post several times, but apparently I still missed the typo

Comment

Great tips!

Removing the
            Code:
            &back_link=y
            removes the "Go Back" link at the top of the page for really great cut-and-paste efficiency.

This URL can also be bookmarked, which is awesome.
            Last edited by vineviz; 14 July 2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X