Project page more conservative haplogroup prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project page more conservative haplogroup prediction

I just became co-administrator of the Polish project. I generated a project web page. (We didn't have one before.) I quickly noticed that the haplogroup predictions on the project web page are more conservative than the predictions on members' personal pages. For example:

Personal page predicts R1b1, project page as unassigned
    Personal page predicts J2, project page as unassigned
    Personal page predicts I1a, project page lists as I

If I were to guess the logic of this, I would say that the personal page attempts a prediction more aggressively, in order to allow and encourage the individual to purchase a deepSNP test (which the individual can't do if no prediction is listed); whereas the project page is more conservative, in order to prevent both administrator and members from getting overconfident about what are mere predictions (i.e., again encouraging deepSNP tests for confirmation).

Elsewhere I found the answer to this. Indeed, the project page is more conservative than the personal page. The project page only lists a haplogroup prediction if all (not just a majority) of 12-marker matches and near-matches are in haplogroup agreement.

Comment

Working...
    X