Join Autorization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join Autorization

Since GDPR went into effect, I have been asking for more information from people who are requesting to join one of the projects I administer. If they do not have the correct surname, I am asking for more information from them and informing them that they must agree to opt in to sharing and provide limited access to the project admin. To date, no one ever responds to the request for more information. Does this reply request function work?

Have you tried entering a test join request and then responded in that manner to see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      Have you tried entering a test join request and then responded in that manner to see what happens?
      I used one of my other accounts and requested to join. Then as admin, I did a reply ask for more information from myself. This email did get through to me, so I guess these people are not wanting to agree to opt in to sharing or to provide limited access to their account.
      I suppose that there is still a possibility that their email client is marking these emails as SPAM. I'm not even getting a response to the simple question, "which DNA tests have you taken?"

Comment

You have their name and email address from their join request. Have you tried sending them an email asking if there is something you can do to help?

Comment

Maybe the request appears too strict in their eyes? They could be getting discouraged by it perhaps. Since I'm still growing some small projects, I let all join. Once they are in, I ease them into having to add info by answering some questions or asking them to change a few settings. Of course if you manage a large project, that may not be feasible.

Comment

Working...
          X