Group Admin Access Levels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Admin Access Levels

Does anyone have a sample letter they've have sent out to their members about granting a higher level of access to the group administrator? I'm grappling with this as to how to frame the discussion with my members. I'm trying also to understand just what I am no longer able to do with the "reset" access. It seems that most members now have a setting of "Limited Access." At that level, I cannot view their profile which includes their address and geographical location. Nor can I check their settings and advise them on anything. These were things I could check before, even if I hadn't been granted full access.
    Also, does anyone have any language that they have included on their public website that would address the level of access that is required of participants as a condition of participating in the group?

Originally posted by stokesy48 View Post
    It seems that most members now have a setting of "Limited Access." At that level, I cannot view their profile which includes their address and geographical location. Nor can I check their settings and advise them on anything.
    You can still check their settings in Limited Access. You simply can't go to "My Profile". Go to "Privacy & Sharing" instead.

As for what to tell members, I think it depends on how well you know them. I suggest keeping it short and simple. If it is too long, they may not bother reading your message completely. I think Limited Access is the ideal option for most cases. You can give short explanations for each level. Tell them the Group Project Access Only basically treats admins as regular project members.

Some admins out there will remove members who are not willing to share. I haven't gone to that length just yet. Using the carrot can yield better results than using the stick.

Comment

I wish they would give us a level where we could see everything, but not be able to change anything.

I find limited access too limited, but I don't want the current full access.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
        I wish they would give us a level where we could see everything, but not be able to change anything.

I find limited access too limited, but I don't want the current full access.
        I agree. It would be very helpful if limited access let us view but not change anything. A huge number of the men in my Holt project are deceased and no one is managing their kit. No one can change their settings.
        Lori

Comment

Originally posted by LHolt-Galvin View Post
          I agree. It would be very helpful if limited access let us view but not change anything. A huge number of the men in my Holt project are deceased and no one is managing their kit. No one can change their settings.
          Lori
          You may be able to get help from a FTDNA group projects rep. Let them know about the kits and see if they can help. If you can prove they are deceased, that may help.

Comment

as a FTDNA customer, I agree with Jim!

Comment

Working...
            X