Group Project Access Only ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
    My goal, for each of my surname projects, is to help the members descending from people with that surname expand their knowledge of those ancestors. I don't care about the sex of that member or which test(s) they have taken.
    I agree with that 100%. In fact, I think a lot of surname projects are run by women who may not have had an immediate male family member who took a yDNA test.

Comment

goal of Stevenson project

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      My goal, for each of my surname projects, is to help the members descending form people with that surname expand their knowledge of those ancestors. I don't care about the sex of that member or which test(s) they have taken.
      From our MyGroups pages:
      The goal of the STEVENSON Surname Project is to distinguish between STEVENSON ancestral lines, worldwide. Any reasonable spelling variant is included (please feel free to suggest a variant you feel we have missed)....Our member results are ONLY on male swabbers testing y-DNA. If you have tested at Family Finder without also testing y-DNA, please DO NOT request to JOIN this project.

Each administrator must decide how to handle their surname projects, in my opinion.

Comment

You are 100% correct. It is your right, as admin, to make that call. If you want to limit the success rate for your project that is your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by oma04 View Post
          Each administrator must decide how to handle their surname projects, in my opinion.
          Not only opinion but part of FTDNA's guidelines. It is up to the admin. However, allowing some of those autosomal-only testers could prove advantageous if you can get them interested in YDNA at some point rather than booting them. Their autosomal match lists can also be used to recruit potential YDNA testers who aren't aware of your project.

Comment

Working...
          X