Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep losing registration

Max
    Every time I clean out my hard drive (remove ads and viruses and other malicious and evil things that take over my internet access or my home page) I lose my registration to this page. I reregister so it isn't a fatal problem but do you know why? Are you putting a cookie on my computer, and if so, and I imagine you are, is there any way I can identify "your" cookie so I don't lose access. Are there other people who have the same problem. I clean the computer with AdAware, but I do it weekly. You would be surprised at the stuff it picks up in a week. I don't want to stop doing the cleanup, because otherwise all sorts of stuff accumulates.

Whitney

Re: keep losing registration

Originally posted by whitkeen
    Max
    Every time I clean out my hard drive (remove ads and viruses and other malicious and evil things that take over my internet access or my home page) I lose my registration to this page. I reregister so it isn't a fatal problem but do you know why? Are you putting a cookie on my computer, and if so, and I imagine you are, is there any way I can identify "your" cookie so I don't lose access. Are there other people who have the same problem. I clean the computer with AdAware, but I do it weekly. You would be surprised at the stuff it picks up in a week. I don't want to stop doing the cleanup, because otherwise all sorts of stuff accumulates.

Whitney
    Hi Whitney,
    When you do the cleanup, uncheck the "remove cookies" box. The cookies remember all your registrations and when you clean them you have to re-register in all places that you marked "remember password", since now there's nothing to remember.
    I also do clean my computer every once in a while, but make sure not to remove the cookies.
    Max Blankfeld
    Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
    A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Re: keep losing registration

Originally posted by whitkeen
      Max

Whitney
      Thanks Max. I would still like to know the "name" of your cookie. I can quarantine all the cookies and then keep the ones I want, and delete the ones I don't. You would not believe the number of cookies that show up, ones I do not ask for, but there are also ones I do ask for like yours, or Amazon.

Comment

Whitney,

The cookie name, I believe is [email protected]
        Max Blankfeld
        Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
        A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Working...
        X