Phylogenetic Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phylogenetic Network

I just downloaded some free software from www.fluxus-engineering.com that generates Phylogenetic Networks. It is a little intimidating...not sure what some of the parameters mean. Has anyone done this before, or used this particular software, and can you offer some tips?

Thanks.

Originally posted by TSBinLV
    I just downloaded some free software from www.fluxus-engineering.com that generates Phylogenetic Networks. It is a little intimidating...not sure what some of the parameters mean. Has anyone done this before, or used this particular software, and can you offer some tips?

Thanks.
    The easiest way to use the Networks software by Fluxus is using Mcgee's Y-DNA Comparison Utility. Just scroll down a little and you'll find easy instructions on how to generate a "ych" file to be read by Fluxus software.
    There's even a link to an animation showing how it's done.

Comment

Thanks Victor,

It turns out that I managed to find McGee's page sometime shortly after my post. It's a good thing, cuz I'm not sure I would have had the time to figure out that software on my own. I generated some charts and posted them on my Family page. Pretty cool stuff. I'm very impressed with McGee's page in general.

Thanks for replying...

Comment

Working...
      X