banner on profile page of a member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banner on profile page of a member

Haplogroup predictions are currently being updated using new data. Your haplogroup prediction may change upon completion.

This banner is in red to attract the kit owner´s attention.

My question is: what does this mean? Have any of you gotten notice of this?

Originally posted by oma04 View Post
    Haplogroup predictions are currently being updated using new data. Your haplogroup prediction may change upon completion.

This banner is in red to attract the kit owner´s attention.

My question is: what does this mean? Have any of you gotten notice of this?
    Some of my relatives have lost their haplogroup predictions completely.
    Those who have been SNP tested still have them.
    In one of my projects it looks like all the non SNP tested R1b guys have lost their haplogroup predictions.
    I'm sure they will be back in a few days???

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
      Some of my relatives have lost their haplogroup predictions completely.
      Those who have been SNP tested still have them.
      In one of my projects it looks like all the non SNP tested R1b guys have lost their haplogroup predictions.
      I'm sure they will be back in a few days???
      I asked the Help Desk about this yesterday and they replied, "This was not a change that was made by us. I have reported it to IT and they will be looking into it. I apologize for the inconvenience."

If FTDNA didn't make the change to their system I wonder who did.

Comment

From what I can tell it is only R-M269 predicted and people who are R-M269 with a Backbone test, but without any other positive SNP testing, that have the banner. The R-M269 predicted people have a dash in the Haplogroup column in the Y-DNA pages of the projects they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
          If FTDNA didn't make the change to their system I wonder who did.
          well, now this is scary!

Comment

I wouldn't worry. FTDNA has different moving parts and the customer support might not have received a memo about it and therefore they don't know what IT is doing. A kit I managed finally got its haplogroup assignment back. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

A kit I managed finally got its haplogroup assignment back. I wouldn't worry about it.

well, again this is a scary answer. I expect better communication with GAPs. Most of our project members depend on us to explain such issues.

Comment

Working...
              X