Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activity Feed

Hi,
    I currently have our activity feed off on our geographic DNA projects. I would like to start posting photos and history of the migration patterns for the villages from the region. Is this possible without keeping the activity feed on?

I'm not ready to go 100 % live with the activity feed. My fear is the site will turn into a "Facebook" social thing / genealogy only vs. DNA discussion geared toward the region.

Any suggestions?

KAM

I think you can.
    Go to GAP: Project Administration, Project Profile, once you have changed over.

Tick the "Only members can view posts, photos, and comments:"

Activity Feed; Choice of "On" or "Off".

I tried it on one of my projects and it seems to allow photos when the Activity Feed is Off.

I would personally turn the Aciticty Feed on for discussions of the history, maps etc. If it all gets too much then you can turn if Off.

Comment

Originally posted by KAM View Post
      Hi,
      I currently have our activity feed off on our geographic DNA projects. I would like to start posting photos and history of the migration patterns for the villages from the region. Is this possible without keeping the activity feed on?

I'm not ready to go 100 % live with the activity feed. My fear is the site will turn into a "Facebook" social thing / genealogy only vs. DNA discussion geared toward the region.

Any suggestions?

KAM
      KAM, I personally like the Activity Feed. I have used it to put out questions on common ancestors within Haplogroups without having to send a group email. Most of our members have not posted a Patriarch pedigree. As the Feed is only visible to members, I am hoping to initiate a dialogue between members.

Curry
      co Administrator Stevenson WF Project
      Last edited by oma04; 2 May 2016, 02:10 AM. Reason: added project name

Comment

Working...
      X