• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we doing?

What are we doing?

if someone has a small name and doesnt want to do that surname project
    oh lets say the doawn project
    do they then say its english no better yet great britian. and we start the great britian project. its easier to get people that way. whats the aim to have the biggest project. my projects bigger then yours.
    what does this mean to small regular surname projects . will the large projects do each surname? i do 6 geographical projects but they are to follow migrations using mtdna which surname projects dont use. i mean why dont we do a europe project or better northern hemisphere. will that then mean someone will do the terra project. and will that lead to the milky way project.

you do all realize that small projects will be 2000 people as they were set up and these larger ones will by necessity be 20,000+ why do i think owners will walk away from then when the work increases.lol

maybe some other organizations are doing this? wouldnt it be nice if they identified themselves if they are. do they want to project grab and take over regular projects? lol see one wonders when they think about this stuff. the age old questions like what motivates people to do stuff.

McHugh, and related surnames

Arial
    I note your mention of the surname, McHugh.
    I understand that the name is said to translate into "Son of Hugh"
    I am particularly interested in that my father's given name is Hugh [middle name Kelsey] and of course his surname was McKee.
    I wonder whether you are planning to proceed from the McHugh surname to other versions that appeared in Ireland [and perhaps, to a lesser degree, in Scotland.

Judging from the size of the surname McKee in the U.S. [see McKee, McKees Rocks and McKeesport, all in Pennsylvania], the McKee branch of whatever the original spelling was seems to have been quite prolific.

I have had more success in tracing my mother's surname {Ferrill, which in earlier times was Ferrell, which in earlier times was Farrell}. The Farrell Clan seems to be quite active in tracing the origins of all the similar surnames. I recently joined that group. Farrell has extensive coverage in the internet, but I do not see similar coverage of McKee. Can you advise me of surnames similar to McKee, such as McHugh? Do any of the other branches have a prescence on the web?

I am just getting started as coordinator [administrator, or whatever title] and so far there are only two of us, Dr Trevor David McKee {in Buffalo NY?} and myself. I am just attempting to learn how the DNA approach works, but I will pay more attention to that when I have more group members to try to match.

Obviously, I don't know much, but am trying to learn.

Ed McKee
    336) 784-0716
    Winston-Salem NC

Comment

Originally posted by Edward McKee
      Arial
      I note your mention of the surname, McHugh.
      I understand that the name is said to translate into "Son of Hugh"
      I am particularly interested in that my father's given name is Hugh [middle name Kelsey] and of course his surname was McKee.
      I wonder whether you are planning to proceed from the McHugh surname to other versions that appeared in Ireland [and perhaps, to a lesser degree, in Scotland.

Judging from the size of the surname McKee in the U.S. [see McKee, McKees Rocks and McKeesport, all in Pennsylvania], the McKee branch of whatever the original spelling was seems to have been quite prolific.

I have had more success in tracing my mother's surname {Ferrill, which in earlier times was Ferrell, which in earlier times was Farrell}. The Farrell Clan seems to be quite active in tracing the origins of all the similar surnames. I recently joined that group. Farrell has extensive coverage in the internet, but I do not see similar coverage of McKee. Can you advise me of surnames similar to McKee, such as McHugh? Do any of the other branches have a prescence on the web?

I am just getting started as coordinator [administrator, or whatever title] and so far there are only two of us, Dr Trevor David McKee {in Buffalo NY?} and myself. I am just attempting to learn how the DNA approach works, but I will pay more attention to that when I have more group members to try to match.

Obviously, I don't know much, but am trying to learn.

Ed McKee
      336) 784-0716
      Winston-Salem NC
      hugh is one of the first keltic names

Comment

Working...
      X