Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Questions About Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Technical Questions About Forum

    I'm trying to figure out how to skip posts I've read and just go to the new ones?

    Is there a way to do that?

  • #2
    " Mark this Forum Read " - what does that do?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Technical Questions About Forum

      <I'm trying to figure out how to skip posts I've read and just go to the new ones?>

      Well, duh!

      Just found the go to first unread post arrow at the top of the page.

      Sorry . . . .

      G.

      Comment


      • #4
        Georgia - thanks! You taught me a new trick tonight!

        Kay

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi,

          First unread post arrow?? At the top of the Page?? My glasses must be fogged up. I can find one that says new thread, post reply, last thread, next thread, .....nope you are hiding it!!

          Hooray.

          Comment


          • #6
            It is right near the top of the page headings.....smaller print at that; but it does work

            Comment


            • #7
              Top, left hand - "Go to first unread post" with small arrow.

              Comment


              • #8
                &quot; Mark this Forum Read &quot;

                " Mark this Forum Read " What does this mean? Never received an answer.

                Max - are you or some one from FTDNA reading this page?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: &quot; Mark this Forum Read &quot;

                  Originally posted by GKBopp
                  " Mark this Forum Read " What does this mean? Never received an answer.

                  Max - are you or some one from FTDNA reading this page?
                  Hi Georgia,
                  Yes, both myself and Mark Price review this forum several times a day. Our policy is to let the exchange stay among the members, and only jump in when there is a specific question to us, or when we feel that we can provide a link or an insight that will help.
                  Max Blankfeld
                  Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
                  A Gene by Gene Company

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Re: &quot; Mark this Forum Read &quot;

                    Originally posted by max
                    Hi Georgia,
                    Yes, both myself and Mark Price review this forum several times a day. Our policy is to let the exchange stay among the members, and only jump in when there is a specific question to us, or when we feel that we can provide a link or an insight that will help.
                    That makes sense but my question on 4/11 was not answered.

                    By the way, I'll happily accept a "darned if we know yet" answer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Re: Re: &quot; Mark this Forum Read &quot;

                      Originally posted by GKBopp
                      That makes sense but my question on 4/11 was not answered.

                      By the way, I'll happily accept a "darned if we know yet" answer.
                      I saw some that you posted on 4/11 that you yourself answered to them. Which is the question you are referring to? I also see that you have disabled private messaging, that's why I am posting the reply to this board instead of directly to you...
                      Max Blankfeld
                      Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
                      A Gene by Gene Company

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GKBopp
                        " Mark this Forum Read " - what does that do?
                        I believe it does just that, it marks all of the unread messages in the forum as read, even though you haven't read them.

                        Normally each message is marked as read when you read the message. If you go on vacation and return to find 500 messages you may not want to read them. In this case you could click on "Mark this Forum Read".

                        Of course I could be all wet!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Re: Re: Re: &quot; Mark this Forum Read &quot;

                          Originally posted by max
                          I saw some that you posted on 4/11 that you yourself answered to them. Which is the question you are referring to? I also see that you have disabled private messaging, that's why I am posting the reply to this board instead of directly to you...
                          Hi Max,

                          My question was what does this do?

                          " Mark this Forum Read " -

                          G.

                          You are right, I did answer one of my own questions - but not this one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mark this forum read

                            When you visit the forum, you'll see at the top right the new number of messages posted at a different number of threads. You click on "View new messages", and it will take you to a list of threads that have new messages posted to them. There, you have the chance, by clicking at each thread to be taken to it, and right above the messages you'll see "Go to first unread post". This will skip all prior messages and take you to the newest one. After you completed viewing all new messages from all threads, you go back to the home page of the forum, and "Mark this forum read". This will reset to 0 all the new messages, so that the next time you come to the forum, you'll be seeing only the count of new messages since your last visit.

                            Hope this clarifies.
                            Max Blankfeld
                            Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
                            A Gene by Gene Company

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Mark this forum read

                              Max - thanks!

                              That is a nifty feature! I've just "caught up" on all the items and have marked the forum read!

                              Aloha,

                              Georgia

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X