Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCarthy Surname Study

Welcome to the McCarthy Surname Study!

We now have fifteen participants who live in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New York, Florida, Georgia, Ireland and New Zealand!

Because the McCarthy/McCarty name is so common, I started this study as an open group; that is to say, everyone who wants to participate is welcome. As a result, this is a Random study at the present time. Hopefully, as we recruit more people, we will be able to develop into several Targeted studies. Some of our participants are McCarthys and some are McCartys and the differences and similarities between these surnames may allow us to target smaller studies. Also, some of us trace our roots to McCarthys who were slaveowners. These McCarthy males emigrated from Ireland and settled in the South. We are hoping that through Y-DNA testing we will be able to connect families who have little or no written history to document their ancestry.

Please join us on our historic voyage.

Barbara McCarthy

Re: McCarthy Surname Study

Barbara,

Do you have a website? My Kinney/McKinney & Variations project is also "random" - although I prefer the word "broad" (I know FTDNA uses "random").

Georgia

Comment

Re: Re: McCarthy Surname Study

Originally posted by GKBopp
      Barbara,

Do you have a website? My Kinney/McKinney & Variations project is also "random" - although I prefer the word "broad" (I know FTDNA uses "random").

Georgia
      Hi, Georgia,
      Yes, the website is:http://hometown.aol.com/bobbieann1/McCarthy.html

It is a very modest website with one table listing the 12 and 25 marker string results for the 9 men tested to date.

I like your preference for the word "broad"!
      Barbara

Comment

Working...
      X