Returned Kits Lost in Transit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned Kits Lost in Transit

Have any other groups had problems with returned kits getting lost in the Baltimore postal system? I have had two kits mailed in the greater Baltimore area get lost in the system. One kit was mailed in early December 2005 and has never resurfaced. That is not totally surprising considering the heavy holiday mail volume. The replacement kit was returned with trackable postage and made it back to Houston in 2 days time. The second lost kit was mailed on February 16 in the Baltimore area and receipt has not been acknowledged by FTDNA yet. They confirmed to me yesterday that they have not received the kit. These are the only two kits from my group that have been thus lost in the system. Two samples are not statistically significant but there appears to be a trend here.

I live in the Baltimore area and had no problem returning my own kit to FTDNA through the regular postal system last month. None of my group members are in the area though, so I can't speak for anyone else.

Elise

Comment

Lost kit from NV

In one of my projects we were using two labs for one participant. The FTDNA one was mailed back first, and about 4 days later the other one was mailed to a different lab. The second lab which is in another country already has posted results. The FTDNA one still says 'not received' at the lab. I'm thinking I should order a replacement kit but so far I haven't seen how to do that. Is it within our projects or do we just email someone?

melissa

Comment

REturned Kits Lost in Transit.

Just send an e-mail to Catherine McDonald at FTDNA ([email protected]) or Max Balnkfield at FTDNA ([email protected]). Be sure to tell them you want tracking postage on the replacement kit.

Was this member of yours from the Baltimore area?

Comment

Lost in Transit

No, NV, and it was my own husband's LOL. I helped him with the swabs, I put it all in the envelope, and he drove to the P. O. and stood in line. I have no idea how the USPS keeps everything normally moving to it's proper destinations, but I expect it to none the less. Thnx for the 'how to' and I will email one of them.

melissa

Comment

Returned Kits Lost in Transit

The second errant kit finally made its way from Baltimore to Houston. The trip took 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X