X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyGroups

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
    Thanks Ginger,

But if new project members loggin into their page and land on the Activity Feed, they maybe missing pages in the "About Section" where I post information on New results and lineages, aswell as have an explanation about the website and different pages.

As no one has been using the Activity Feed, Id rather have the About Section as Default.
    I could turn off the Feed, but I would like to give members the oportunity to use it.
    Rivergirl

I don't understand what you are asking / saying. The About page is the landing page. It contains the Background, News, Goals, results and project statistics pages.

Ginger

Comment

How can i switch my project to "mygorups"?

Comment

Originally posted by engisdene View Post
        How can i switch my project to "mygorups"?
        On the right-hand side of your GAP page there should be a blue(?) button Convert to myGroups now (or a similar wording). Below the button there would be text All groups will automatically be converted on 04/16/2015 (which is not true anymore).

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Interesting, there is no button like that.
          Originally posted by dna View Post
          On the right-hand side of your GAP page there should be a blue(?) button Convert to myGroups now (or a similar wording). Below the button there would be text All groups will automatically be converted on 04/16/2015 (which is not true anymore).

W. (Mr.)
          Interesting, there is no button like that.

Comment

You can phone FTDNA Support, select group admin option and ask them that they move you.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

If you are a co-admin of the project instead of the admin you will not see anything about converting to myGroups. At least that is my experience. The one project that I a co-admin to, there is nothing on my GAP page about myGroups. The project that I am the administrator to I have the information on about converting to myGroups.

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
                If you are a co-admin of the project instead of the admin you will not see anything about converting to myGroups. At least that is my experience. The one project that I a co-admin to, there is nothing on my GAP page about myGroups. The project that I am the administrator to I have the information on about converting to myGroups.
                Thank you!

I have asked my co-admin for a screenshot, and all the myGroups information present on my screen above Project Administrator News and Release Notes sections was missing from his screen...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
                  No i am builder admin not co-admin. And i have no switch button.

Comment

Unless FTDNA has suspended converting to myGroups while they are making changes/updates before making the mandatory change over, I don't know. They made mention of delaying the mandatory change over in the last GAP newsletter.

Comment

@engisdene

You can phone FTDNA Support, select group admin option and ask them that they move you.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Info for co-admins

Since yesterday, there are no options to either migrate to myGroups or undo a previous migration.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Since yesterday, there are no options to either migrate to myGroups or undo a previous migration.

W. (Mr.)
                          April 17 updates from Darren
                          http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?p=407698

"Ability to convert or roll back a project to and from myGroups has been restored."

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Can't post to Activity Feed in MyGroup

I Can't post to Activity Feed in MyGroup and the links I created are gone. I reported this to Customer Support 3-4 weeks ago and still unfixed.this makes the site useless other than to view the data. Also can no longer post coupons.

Comment

Since the coupon idea ended April 16, that might have something to do with why you can no longer post them.

I agree that the "MyGroups" as we see it today is a royal mess. Remember they were going to force all projects to "MyGroups" effective April 16. They backed off because there were so many problems.

Comment

They say my iPad is the problem...

.....in not be able to post. Funny, I posted before with my iPad. I believe they changed the version of MyGroups activity feed and now I can post. Also they lost all the links I had created.

Comment

Working...
                                X