Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivergirl
    replied
    As an Admin I have been deleting the old coupons.
    On the top right hand side of the post is a small "Arrow"?, which brings up a drop down box. Click Delete.

I also read yesterday on another Forum/Blog? that the coupons will end in April when all projects are changed to My Groups.
    (Not sure how true this is.)

Leave a comment:

• Petra
    replied
    Originally posted by MRasco View Post
    Some of the smaller projects without a lot of activity may be overwhelmed with just coupons. Someone eventually logging on would then only see pages and pages of coupons and may wonder what’s going on. Money maker or genealogy research? Thus losing your seeds of growth. Just a thought...
    That´s how it is with 2 of my projects. And I think it´s very disturbing, when I log into my account, seeing this "there a new posts"-button red and when I switch to the projects I just see the coupon offer... Nerv!

Leave a comment:

• MRasco
    replied
    Daily posting of Coupons....

Instead of the daily posting of coupons wouldn’t it be easier to have a permanent banner that displays a daily coupon and code, placed it above the Activity feed. Some of the smaller projects without a lot of activity may be overwhelmed with just coupons. Someone eventually logging on would then only see pages and pages of coupons and may wonder what’s going on. Money maker or genealogy research? Thus losing your seeds of growth. Just a thought...

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    Coupons showed up about noon Central.

Leave a comment:

• SJCoker
    replied
    No Coupons

It is 12:52pm EST and no coupons have been posted in any of my five projects yet.

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    Originally posted by ljc View Post
    Just FYI, a fix was just pushed that makes coupons automated. At 10 am Central Time daily a coupon will be posted during the period we're offering the coupons.
    Past 10 AM Central on Feb 20. No coupon posted yet.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    It would be nice if they'd push a fix for this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /groups/

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237
    I've only found one myGroups project that actually works. That's the Cumberland Gap project. Everything else that has supposedly gone to myGroups gives me the above error.

Leave a comment:

• ljc
    replied
    Coupons now automated

Just FYI, a fix was just pushed that makes coupons automated. At 10 am Central Time daily a coupon will be posted during the period we're offering the coupons.

Leave a comment:

• MikeP
    replied
    I think everybody got that e-mail. However, I also think that most users will be like me and ignore it ... rather than bug their administrator(s) ... there are more important issues around than pushing a poorly documented, unproven system ... besides, coupons are not useful without results to base decisions on ... I'd rather they get caught up with their backlog ...

Leave a comment:

• Paul Burns
    replied
    My What?

One of my members reports receipt of a message from FTDNA asking him to urge the project admin to convert to MyGroups. Am I to expect similar messages from the other 400 in the project?

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    This point may be moot. It's not like "myGroups" even works, anyway.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /groups/

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    No daily coupons please

Even FTDNA Support has weekends off and has vacation time...

Mr. W.

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Carrow
    replied
    I, for one, will not be posting anything at all daily so that has to be rethought by FTDNA. The thought of My Groups was scary enough for me to finally relinquish my 2 bigger groups which became mine by default years ago..

I have 3 small ones, just mostly relatives so coupons that people need I would let them know about..

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    I assumed that once we (admins) activated the coupons FTDNA would post the new code automatically at midnight or some other time automatically. Yes! I know about assume!

I guess this is why FTDNA pays us so much for the work we do selling tests for them. Of course I've been waiting since 2002 for that first payment.

Leave a comment:

• peterdrh
    started a topic Daily posting of Coupons....

Daily posting of Coupons....

...this will require administrators to login to their projects daily to post them.
    This will be too onerous for a lot of us.
    We should unite and protest this to FTDNA. Surely they can make the coupons good for a week!
Working...
X