Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find and encourage new testers

Hi Everyone,

What has worked best for each of you as far as finding new DNA participants and getting them to join? I am a co-admin for three projects and interested in several others. ANY suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Kay - [email protected]

Generating Participants

A couple ideas,

1. Post calls for participants on Rootsweb and Genforum Surname mailing lists
    2. Search Worldconnect for GED providers with the same surname
    3. Write an article for your Clan or surname society
    4. Search all rootsweb forums and family tree maker sites for any genealogists with the same surname.

Comment

Originally posted by sunimaze
      Hi Everyone,

What has worked best for each of you as far as finding new DNA participants and getting them to join? I am a co-admin for three projects and interested in several others. ANY suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Kay - [email protected]
      Kay,

I have created an adobe file called Recruiting Participants which you may want to look at. You can find it at
      http://blairgenealogy.com/dna/Recrui...rticipants.pdf

This document contains information on setting up a website and using mailing lists to find participants. Please read the section on rootsweb mailing lists very carefully as they can be tricky to work with. The document also contains information on how to find participants and a large number of extracts from FTDNA's Facts and Genes newsletters.

Good Luck,

Scottish DNA - Better than Life Insurance

Comment

Working...
      X