Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we pleas get the correct SNP displayed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efgen
    replied
    Kelly,

The problem is that DF97 is not on the Haplotree currently, so the system doesn't know that it's a terminal SNP downstream of M222.

Once DF97 gets added to the tree, it will be recognized as the terminal SNP in all places where terminal SNPs are normally shown -- myFTDNA homepage, Haplotree page, Y-DNA Matches page, project charts, etc.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• Kwheaton
    replied
    Sure

In the Rehoboth Project. Kit 341945 for PADEN is DF97+ ( and two upstream SNPS) Since I manage this kit I know this and have entered in the MDKA field but in the Haplogroup on the Y DNA Results page it has R-M222 in red. Now why would anyone test these ala carte SNPs if they still get noted as M222 and not even confirmed. Luckily most if projects he is in have been notified by me but there's just no good excuse for this.

Elise any help would be greatly appreciated. I probably have other examples that's just one I know of.
    Kelly

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by Kwheaton View Post
    First I get notified of all results except when and advanced test (SNP or STR) posts. I have to keep checking or I would never see. Can we just get an email saying Kit blah blah has new advanced results? This is a long standing issue that I have ignored but the bigger the group the harder it is to ignore.
    This has been on the to-do list for a while, and I know the IT guys have actually done some behind-the-scenes prep work for this, but I'm not sure where completing this is on the priority list. I'll attempt to find out.

Originally posted by Kwheaton View Post
    The other bigger issue is FTDNA is not including these terminal or most refined down the Y tree results on the Public display page. So if someone took a Big Y that shows but if someone tested a bunch of downstream SNPS and tested positive nothing shows. I don't know how I can encourage more folks to test when you won't even show the ones that have. This is a serious problem and not good for business
    Are you talking about SNPs that are currently on the Haplotree or "advanced" SNPs that are not yet on the haplotree? Can you give me a specific example? Feel free to send it by private message to ensure that I see it.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• Kwheaton
    started a topic Can we pleas get the correct SNP displayed ?

Can we pleas get the correct SNP displayed ?

Freudian slip title should read Please not pleas--- but she does plead! This is really two comments or gripes. First I get notified of all results except when and advanced test (SNP or STR) posts. I have to keep checking or I would never see. Can we just get an email saying Kit blah blah has new advanced results? This is a long standing issue that I have ignored but the bigger the group the harder it is to ignore.

The other bigger issue is FTDNA is not including these terminal or most refined down the Y tree results on the Public display page. So if someone took a Big Y that shows but if someone tested a bunch of downstream SNPS and tested positive nothing shows. I don't know how I can encourage more folks to test when you won't even show the ones that have. This is a serious problem and not good for business

Please help!
Working...
X