Adding jpegs/images to project pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding jpegs/images to project pages?

I have recently set up my own dual geographical surname project and have just added a narrative of my family history to the background/goals page for members to read and to entice potential new members.

However, what I really like to do is to add images of old documents to intersect the text at certain intervals to add more interest but have no idea if this is currently possible within ftdna projects or if it is how to actually do it.

If anyone knows anything about this then please can you help?

External Photo Sites

Originally posted by paulanthony1976 View Post
    I have recently set up my own dual geographical surname project and have just added a narrative of my family history to the background/goals page for members to read and to entice potential new members.

However, what I really like to do is to add images of old documents to intersect the text at certain intervals to add more interest but have no idea if this is currently possible within ftdna projects or if it is how to actually do it.

If anyone knows anything about this then please can you help?
    Hi,

It can be done if you have placed the images in a publicly accessible album on one of the major free photo sites like Google+ Albums or Flickr. You need to copy the address of the image there and add it in HTML edit mode.

Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

Comment

Thank you,
      However, I do not want to make whole documents publicly accessible and searchable on the internet via such photo-sharing groups, that would be counter productive to what I am aiming for and may be in breach of certain copyrights also.

Is there no way to copy & paste small thumbnails or partial images into the text editing software available to project admins? If not, then perhaps this a feature that can be included by gap/ftdna in the future as I am sure that it would certainly only enhance many other projects out there as well as mine.

Comment

Adding jpegs/images to project pages?

Hi,

I agree. Being able to simply add small graphic images would add a lot to the webpages.

George

Comment

Working...
        X