Contact Info of Private Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Info of Private Matches

One of the most frustrating features of FTDNA's match display pages is the lack of contact information for "private" matches. FTDNA helpdesk personal state that this is because the matching persons wish that their test results be kept private. But, that's not the real reason in most cases. The real reason is that many testees (those with very common haplotypes) have set their notification preferences so as the eliminate excessive email notifications that would otherwise fill their email inbox. Unfortunately, these settings also eliminate the contact information. There is an I.T. solution to this issue. FTDNA could revise the "Send me notifications by e-mail and show my contact information to matches at these testing levels:" settings section of each kit's "Account Settings" tab such that each customer could, for each level of testing, opt out of "send me notifications" while still electing to "show my contact information" . We need to get FTDNA to consider doing this. It should not be necessary for FTDNA's customers to preclude themselves from being contacted by their matches in order to eliminate receipt of the automated match notifications from FTDNA.

Originally posted by wolong View Post
    One of the most frustrating features of FTDNA's match display pages is the lack of contact information for "private" matches. FTDNA helpdesk personal state that this is because the matching persons wish that their test results be kept private. But, that's not the real reason in most cases. The real reason is that many testees (those with very common haplotypes) have set their notification preferences so as the eliminate excessive email notifications that would otherwise fill their email inbox. Unfortunately, these settings also eliminate the contact information. There is an I.T. solution to this issue. FTDNA could revise the "Send me notifications by e-mail and show my contact information to matches at these testing levels:" settings section of each kit's "Account Settings" tab such that each customer could, for each level of testing, opt out of "send me notifications" while still electing to "show my contact information" . We need to get FTDNA to consider doing this. It should not be necessary for FTDNA's customers to preclude themselves from being contacted by their matches in order to eliminate receipt of the automated match notifications from FTDNA.
    I agree

Comment

Working...
    X