Problem with genetic distance reports and matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with genetic distance reports and matches

Has anyone noticed that some new results do not show matches at levels they should be showing.
    Eg a member has a 34/37 match with someone in the same surname project, but the matches only show up as a 25/25 match and no match at the 37 level.
    Also the GAP genetic distance report show no matches at all on the 37 level for this man, when it should show up to a GD of 20.

I have the same problem with a new member in another project that has no matches showing in the GAP genetic distance report when he should have some at 12 marker level.

What is the use of the matches page to members if they don't show up....

I have a similar issue. One of my latest participants in m project whom is also my 6th cousin did the 67 marker test, but reportedly has no 67 marker matches which is incorrect. When I visit his Y DNA matches it goes straight to his 37 marker matches not recognizing that he has 67 marker matches.

He is a 65/67 match to me so I know he should have multiple 67 matches including to me. I have let FTDNA know about this issue last night, and hopefully it will be resolved soon. I figure it is just another bug that needs to be fixed

Comment

Hi Donald,

I sent feedback to FTDNA last weekend.
      No reply as yet and no change either.

Comment

Yes. I have two project members who match 67/67 in the project but only come up as 37/37 matches on their personal matches pages.

Comment

This issue has recently been reported to IT.

They've been in the process of updating the websites and databases to show micro-alleles (partial repeats) where customers have them, and the updated data is also starting to get used for matching. In some cases, customers are still seeing values without micro-alleles in myFTDNA, while they do actually have micro-alleles. So the GD calculation is using slightly different values from what the webpages currently show.

Hopefully IT will have this sorted out very soon, since Customer Service has been getting quite a few reports about it this week.

Elise

Comment

I too had sent a feedback message and got told there was no problem, he had no 67 marker matches, I knew better then that! So I called FTDNA and Alex told me he had heard of this issue before and after reviewing the kit he agreed with me he did in fact have 67 marker matches and kicked it up to the IT team and 1 day later the participants 67 marker matches are now showing properly.

So anyone who has this same issue, I would be calling FTDNA so they can kick it up to the IT team and let them resolve the issue, this does not appear to be a singular case and is an issue the IT team needs to figure out and fix.

It appears it may have something to do with the Micro Alleles portion of the report causing the bug issue?

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
              This issue has recently been reported to IT.

They've been in the process of updating the websites and databases to show micro-alleles (partial repeats) where customers have them, and the updated data is also starting to get used for matching. In some cases, customers are still seeing values without micro-alleles in myFTDNA, while they do actually have micro-alleles. So the GD calculation is using slightly different values from what the webpages currently show.

Hopefully IT will have this sorted out very soon, since Customer Service has been getting quite a few reports about it this week.

Elise
              Thanks Elise,
              I havnt noticed any partial repeats on the yDNA results for the 2 kits concerned.
              I have had a reply to one of my queries to say that the issue has been sent to IT to fix the glitch. I havnt noticed any change as yet.

Comment

Working...
              X