Recent Ancestral Database Update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Ancestral Database Update?

I just login to my Family Tree DNA and the Recent Ancestral Origins are now showing ethnic groups in some of the comments. I have an exact (12/12) match in Mali and the comment states Dogon! My near matches 1 step mutation which are 11/12 markers are showing Mali -Dogon. Two step mutations which are 10/12 matches are showing Cameroon-Bakaka, Cameroon-Ngoumba, Guinea-Peul, Ivory Coast - Agni, Ivory Coast - Brignan and Senegal-Mandenka. Has anyone else checked out their RAO lately and are you seeing the same thing?

Originally posted by lee1906
    I just login to my Family Tree DNA and the Recent Ancestral Origins are now showing ethnic groups in some of the comments. I have an exact (12/12) match in Mali and the comment states Dogon! My near matches 1 step mutation which are 11/12 markers are showing Mali -Dogon. Two step mutations which are 10/12 matches are showing Cameroon-Bakaka, Cameroon-Ngoumba, Guinea-Peul, Ivory Coast - Agni, Ivory Coast - Brignan and Senegal-Mandenka. Has anyone else checked out their RAO lately and are you seeing the same thing?
    Hi Lee,
    My father's indicates MDKO Antiqua.
    Denise Clarke, L1c
    Father: Y-DNA: E, Mtdna: L3e1*

Comment

Originally posted by lee1906
      Hi Lee,
      My father's indicates MDKO Antiqua. Also, 1 step mutation several countries are listed: Austria-Hungry,Czechoslovakia,Germany, Romania, Russia and Poland. My Father does have an exact match at the 12/25. This same individual is 2-step mutation difference at the 37-marker. His most distant paternal male first and middle name matches a male in our family tree. I have communicated with this gentleman. We haven't been able to connect the dots yet.
      Best to you,
      Denise Clarke, L1c
      Father: Y-DNA: E, Mtdna: L3e1*

Comment

Working...
      X