autosomal markers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregKiroKH2
    From my muscle type, I suspected that my people were long distance walking people. There are also biochemical reasons for this. I find it difficult to run a mile, but walking 25 miles did not seem as difficult. I usually feel better after a walk too. We still like to travel. I think there is a lot of information in autosomes. We just do not know about them yet.
    I agree with you Greg. I'm not a long distance runner. However, I enjoy my 2-3 mile walks. I use to run short distance quite fast. Never enjoyed long distance. Horticulture runs in my vains also. We bought a small acreage 10 years ago and I never knew how much I enjoyed farming and watching little seedlings grow. Its in my blood. I'm really liking the Tunisia connection. I have another picture to share with the group. Its of my g-grandfather whom I had never seen before. My auntie ask me to have it restored and its simply beautiful. I can't wait to share it with you Greg and Ana. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Denise

Comment

I think I also have tame character. I have a tendency to move away wild or mean behavior. I thought out this when I saw a television program on the genetic origins of dogs. I think character has something to do with genetics. Still, some people disagree.

I look forward to seeing the photograph.

Savolainen, Peter; Ya-ping Zhang, Jing Luo, Joakim Lundeberg, and Thomas Leitner (2002-11-22). "Genetic Evidence for an East Asian Origin of Domestic Dogs". Science 298 (5598): 1610 - 1613.
      a common origin from a single East Asian gene pool for all dog populations.

Federoff, N. E. and Nowak, R. M. 1997. Man and His Dog. Science 278: 205.

Dmitri Konstantinovich Belyaev
      Dmitri BelyaevÂ’s work was continued by Lyudmila Trut in Novosibirsk, Russia.- tameness
      Originally posted by clarkedenise
      I agree with you Greg. I'm not a long distance runner. However, I enjoy my 2-3 mile walks. I use to run short distance quite fast. Never enjoyed long distance. Horticulture runs in my vains also. We bought a small acreage 10 years ago and I never knew how much I enjoyed farming and watching little seedlings grow. Its in my blood. I'm really liking the Tunisia connection. I have another picture to share with the group. Its of my g-grandfather whom I had never seen before. My auntie ask me to have it restored and its simply beautiful. I can't wait to share it with you Greg and Ana. Have a wonderful weekend.
      Denise

Comment

Funny, I ran track in high school, too. 100 yd dash was my thing. Also like horticulture and art. Would love to see your great grandfather's picture.

Originally posted by clarkedenise
        Denise

Comment

autosomal markers

I laughed when I read your messages. I always felt that my ancestresses must have spent long stretches without much food. I inherited the most efficient metabolism which turns every morsel into fat for use at more lean times. I am from January first to December 30th on a diet good for a rabbit.

I was taught at University that the family in which a child is born is paramount in the formation of his personality. However, when I started teaching, and with the passing of the years, I realized that family, society are important however children are born with inherited traits.

Sorry about my poor English. Catherine

Comment

I guess no hypothesis is perfect . . .

Originally posted by casadecoqui
            Funny, I ran track in high school, too. 100 yd dash was my thing. Also like horticulture and art. Would love to see your great grandfather's picture.
            This hypothesis is supported by the fact that missense mutations in mtDNA protein genes show regional specificity. Missense mutations are prevalent in the ATP6 gene in the arctic, in the cytb gene in Europe, and in the COI gene in Africa. Mutations in different ND genes also show regional correlation (Mishmar et al., 2003). . . .

Comment

Update DNA Tribes

I updated my autosomal results and Tunisian was still the highest and South Scotland is still in the top three. The break down of regional studies were almost the same as ABDNA.

High Resolution Native Population Match
              Tunisia (0.87)
              Strathclyde, Scotland (0.82)
              Balearic Islands, Spain (0.89)
              Liguria, Italy (0.94)
              Bucharest, Romania (0.81)
              Flemish (Belgium) (0.79)
              Toulouse, France (0.77)
              Estonia (0.77)
              Spain (0.8)
              Austria (0.74)
              Lille, France (0.7)