Confused....a bit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused....a bit!

I started with a 12 marker test through National Geographic then to Family Tree for the 37 marker test. My haplogroup says I belong to E3a, "country unknown" for one step mutation, E3a and E37 for two step, 3 step list E3a,E3a7 and F*
    Does anyone know what all this means?

Could you let me know your kit ID so I can take a look at it?

Under your Haplogroup tab on your FTDNA page, when you check to see the information for your predicted Haplogroup, you will see matches who are a Genetic Distance (GD) of 0, 1, 2, 3, and possibly 4 for each set of markers - 12, 25, 37, 67. This is used for the basis of your prediction.

Therefore, at 37 markers, you share a GD of 1 with someone who is also E3a and a GD of 2 with someone who has most likely been SNP tested as belonging to subclade E3a7 further defining his exact subgroup in Haplogroup E. At 3 steps, there are 3 individuals who belong to Haplogroups E3a, E3a7 and F*.

To further define your place in the E Haplogroup and where your sequence belongs in the sub clades below E3a, you would need to have deep SNP testing which tests for the unique markers specific to those sub clades.

To see which markers define these sub clades, you can go here:
    Haplogroup E

Haplogroup F* is rare and found mainly in India.

Originally posted by CityLT
    I started with a 12 marker test through National Geographic then to Family Tree for the 37 marker test. My haplogroup says I belong to E3a, "country unknown" for one step mutation, E3a and E37 for two step, 3 step list E3a,E3a7 and F*
    Does anyone know what all this means?

Comment

Working...
    X