SorensonMolecular Genealogy foundation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SorensonMolecular Genealogy foundation

I registered a few days ago with the above mentioned foundation and had news today that I match (HVR1 and HVR2 combined) two people in Mali with a difference of one : 00534T. Can I safely say that we are genetic cousins?
    If so, when our common ancestor could have lived?

Also I match three other people in Mali with two differences. It is an older connection but is it possible to know very vaguely how old that might be?
    That is the first time that I match so many people in one place.
    I realize from what I read that most of you are interested to learn as much as possible about your more recent ancestors. I am more interested in pinpointing the time when my ancestress left Africa to go East and her children's children ending up in Europe.

Thanks for any help or suggestion

Catherine

Catherine,

Can you cut and paste all of those sequences together here? I will do a Genetic distance analysis for you? With only 1 or two mutations different in HVR1 or HVR2, I would say yes. However, how long ago would depend on the mutations.

Originally posted by Francois
    I registered a few days ago with the above mentioned foundation and had news today that I match (HVR1 and HVR2 combined) two people in Mali with a difference of one : 00534T. Can I safely say that we are genetic cousins?
    If so, when our common ancestor could have lived?

Also I match three other people in Mali with two differences. It is an older connection but is it possible to know very vaguely how old that might be?
    That is the first time that I match so many people in one place.
    I realize from what I read that most of you are interested to learn as much as possible about your more recent ancestors. I am more interested in pinpointing the time when my ancestress left Africa to go East and her children's children ending up in Europe.

Thanks for any help or suggestion

Catherine

Comment

Sorenson molecular genealogy foundation's matches

Enclosed my matches from Africa. I would appreciate to know if we might have a common ancestor. Thanks for all your help.

Catherine
      Attached Files

Comment

SorensonMolecular ...

I am afraid that my attachments are not very readable Here are my markers:1st segment: 16189C, 16192T,16223T, 16278T, 16294T, 16309G, 16390A 2nd segment: 73G, 146C, 152C, 195C, 263G, 309.1C, 315.1C, 534T

With the first two matches, only the last one (00534T) is different.

With the last three I have 2 differences.

Those results are precious to me because it is the first time I have so many matches (or near matches) in one place in Africa.

Catherine

Comment

Working...
        X