Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following GP 12 marker test how to order 12to37 marker test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following GP 12 marker test how to order 12to37 marker test?

I participated in the GP 12 marker test. Now I would like to order the 12 to 37 marker test from FTDNA.
    Questions:
    1. Is my DNA material at GP accessible to FTDNA in order to test for the additional markers from the same sample as was used for the 12 marker test?
    2. How does one order the 12 to 37 marker test from FTDNA based on the sample held by GP?
    3. I was assuming that in the FTDNA order form (website) where one enters the "KIT NAME" that this was the kit name of the GP kit I received, I further assumed that my password was the personal (non identifiable) number that GP has given me. HOWEVER, it was not accepted. I could not place my order so that is why I am writing these questions here. I would like to hear from the FTDNA Administrator with clear instructions, please.

Thank you, JAD

Hi JAD
    While I am not an FTDNA admin, I am the Admin for the Locke project. And recently I had a GP member ask the same questions you just did. So I will give it a shot.

The Geno project uses FTDNA to run the tests. So yes it is the same sample used to upgrade your test.

Have you looked to see if your Surname is part of a FTDNA surname project? If yes. See about joining that surname project first. On your Geno results page, there is a link so you can join a FTDNA surname project. Once you are a member of a FTDNA surname project, you can upgrade from there, and by joining a surname project, the cost of the upgrade is a bit cheeper.

Good luck!
    I hope this helps.
    Donald Locke

Comment

Working...
    X