Not Received??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Received??

I signed up the Genographic Project and paid the 15.00. I tried to login and it says "not received". Does this mean they are waiting for my results transfered to them from FTDNA? Thanks.

I tried to pay my $15 but the website had a glitch and the transaction didn't go through.

I will try again later on.

Comment

Genographic Project results

I paid $15 to Geographic Project through FT DNA since yearly spring of 2010. How long does this take to get results?

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado1 View Post
        I paid $15 to Geographic Project through FT DNA since yearly spring of 2010. How long does this take to get results?
        Did you already have your DNA results from FTDNA? I did it after having the results back from FTDNA and was able to review the next day.

Comment

You should of received an e-mail with your password.
          Contact FTDNA.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesKelley View Post
            Did you already have your DNA results from FTDNA? I did it after having the results back from FTDNA and was able to review the next day.
            Yes, I did complete my DNA results from FTDNA. I do have my own kit Id number from the Genographic Project also. It is still in the "ARRIVAL AND BATCH CREATION" never went on to the "DNA ISOLATION".

Comment

Yes, I did complete my DNA results from FTDNA. I do have my own kit Id number from the Genographic Project also. It is still in the "ARRIVAL AND BATCH CREATION" never went on to the "DNA ISOLATION".
              If you have results through direct testing from FTDNA, the Genographic Project will not retest you. Your $15 helps finance their testing of indigenous populations around the world. You are not paying for additional testing by the Genographic Project. However, by your having paid $15 to copy your results from FTDNA to the Genographic Project, they will just include your FTDNA results in their database, which they can potentially use for scientific studies.

Comment

Hi Colorado1,

Can you please email us directly at [email protected] and we should be able to get this straightened out.

-Darren Marin
                Family Tree DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  Hi Colorado1,

Can you please email us directly at [email protected] and we should be able to get this straightened out.

-Darren Marin
                  Family Tree DNA
                  Just sent an email to you Darren. Thank you

Comment

I am in same situation and have been patiently waiting for something to show up. But its been more than 8 weeks. Does anyone know of the current time to get results? There does not seem to be a place on their page to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by bzam View Post
                      I am in same situation and have been patiently waiting for something to show up. But its been more than 8 weeks. Does anyone know of the current time to get results? There does not seem to be a place on their page to ask.
                      Email the FTDNA Helpdesk using the Feedback link at the top of the FTDNA homepage or your myFTDNA page.

Sometimes the process that submits the results to Genographic gets stuck. The helpdesk staff can re-submit for you.

Elise

Comment

What next?

I had my brother test with the family tree y-dna and then paid the money to transfer it to the Genographic. It shows it was ordered 11-10-2011. It seems we thought that we would actually get something of value from doing this, but so far nothing. I guess I was expecting to receive some sort of information, but have received nothing. What next?

Comment

Originally posted by jannie View Post
                          I had my brother test with the family tree y-dna and then paid the money to transfer it to the Genographic. It shows it was ordered 11-10-2011. It seems we thought that we would actually get something of value from doing this, but so far nothing. I guess I was expecting to receive some sort of information, but have received nothing. What next?
                          You should have immediately been given a Genographic Project ID, right on the screen after your transfer was complete. If you did not see this ID, use the Feedback link to contact the FTDNA helpdesk and they can look it up for you.

Elise

Comment

It sounds like several people in this thread are going through what I went through. The transfer was ordered, and was assigned to a batch, even though all my Y-DNA testing was complete. Because no testing was ever going to happen, the order never progressed from that point. The Genographic showed the same when logging in, that the test had been batched and was awaiting processing. I ended up emailing both FTDNA and the Genographic project. All they needed to do was to resend the info. The Genographic email got responded to days earlier than the FTDNA one. I would suggest trying them first. If it's been over a week since you purchased the transfer, then this is the route you need to take in order to get things straightened out.

Comment

So am I correct -- when you transfer to the Genographic Project, the Genetic Material does not actually leave FtDNA, i.e. does not actually transfer, so you could still do updates from it, etc. ??

Comment

Working...
                              X