Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results

Hi, I have requested to join the genographic project within ftdna yesterday. They said that my old results will be sent directly to the project and the results will be shown be this morning.

So far, I have not seen any coming results, and the link of the project was eliminated from my page in ftdna !!!!!!

what do you think I should do ?

From memory, it takes more than 24 hours for GP to display your transferred results. Check again after the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
      From memory, it takes more than 24 hours for GP to display your transferred results. Check again after the weekend.
      Thank you for your reply. One more thing:

Do they post the results on my home page in ftdna.com or in another special website?

Comment

Originally posted by IMPOSSIBLEMAN View Post
        Thank you for your reply. One more thing:

Do they post the results on my home page in ftdna.com or in another special website?
        On the GP site.

I entered my own FTDNA data manually onto the GP site and was issued with a Genographic Project kit ID at the conclusion of that process. I wrote that ID down somewhere and have subsequently forgotten it, so I can no longer log in as apparently National Geographic keep no records of IDs.

So, keep track of your ID!

Comment

On the GP site.

I entered my own FTDNA data manually onto the GP site and was issued with a Genographic Project kit ID at the conclusion of that process. I wrote that ID down somewhere and have subsequently forgotten it, so I can no longer log in as apparently National Geographic keep no records of IDs.

So, keep track of your ID!
          Could you please provide me with the URL of the GP website

Comment

Could you please provide me with the URL of the GP website
            Here it is:

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...hic/index.html

Comment

Wooooo. It says that my results will not be revealed before 8 weeks from now.

Any way, thank you Stevo and gtc

Comment

Wooooo. It says that my results will not be revealed before 8 weeks from now.

Any way, thank you Stevo and gtc
                Hey guys, does it usually take take this long ?

Comment

Hey guys, does it usually take take this long ?
                  As I understand it, you transferred your FTDNA results using the upload feature provided by FTDNA. Correct?

In that case, I would not have expected it to take 8 weeks for the GP to process the data.

When I uploaded mine manually, although I was issued with a user ID immediately, it took about 48 hours for my data to show on the GP site.

Comment

As I understand it, you transferred your FTDNA results using the upload feature provided by FTDNA. Correct?

In that case, I would not have expected it to take 8 weeks for the GP to process the data.

When I uploaded mine manually, although I was issued with a user ID immediately, it took about 48 hours for my data to show on the GP site.
                    Well gtc, I didn't get what you meant exactly but I'll tell you what I did.
                    As you said I uploaded my results to GP using the features in my home page in ftdna yesterday.com. After that, I got a user name which I used today to login to the GP project after I got the URL.

Do you mean that it will not take more than 4 hours to get the results back ?

I am no at the stage : DNA Isolation

Comment

"DNA isolation"? That sounds like you recently submitted a dna sample.
                      If FTDNA is in the process of testing your dna, then there wouldn't be any results until they are finished. Yes that could take 8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                        If FTDNA is in the process of testing your dna, then there wouldn't be any results until they are finished. Yes that could take 8 weeks.
                        I submitted the request to transfer my results from ftdna to GP yesterday.

Oh man, this is a looong period of waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                          Now I'm confused!

How can he transfer FTDNA results that don't yet exist?

Originally posted by impossibleman
                          Do you mean that it will not take more than 4 hours to get the results back ?
                          I mentioned 48 hours in my case for the FTDNA data (that I chose to enter manually) to be processed by the GP and appear on their site.

When you say "get results back", the results -- if you are a FTDNA customer -- are those that FTDNA labs provide. All you are doing is transferring a copy of those results to the Genographic Project for the benefit of the GP.

Comment

I suspect the thread starter is playing. Either that or he got his nickname from exasperated people.

Comment

I submitted the request to transfer my results from ftdna to GP yesterday.

Oh man, this is a looong period of waiting.
                              In case there is a misunderstaning here.....

I have to ask .... did you mail your dna sample? When? Are you talking about completed results, or pending results? Do you already know your YDNA result, or just your kit number? It takes at least a few weeks for FTDNA/GP to complete a dna test.

I tested with the Genographic Project in 2006. I periodically logged in to GP to check up on it and "isolation" means they are working on it - no results yet. I don't remember what day I ordered the test or when I mailed in my dna sample, so I don't know how long it took, but it was probably at least 6 weeks (maybe two to three months?). After I got my results (June 02, 2006), I transferred to FTDNA.

If you tried transferring completed dna results, then maybe check on it on Monday (as was already suggested), and if it didn't transfer, try emailing FTDNA.

Comment

Working...
                              X