Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE Genographic procet and Ancestrey Dna

Can any one pleas help

I have had my Dna dun by Genographic throo Natinal Geographic which has 12 markers and gives me a Haplogrup E1b1b if I up graded my DNA to a 33 maker would that change my Haplogroup.
    Regards from Doug

Doug,

Genographic and Ancestry.com are not connected to each other. Genographic is partnered with Family Tree DNA, which is the site that you've posted this message on.

You can transfer your results from Genographic to Family Tree DNA for free. At the bottom of your Genographic results page, look at the "What else can I do with my results?" section and click the Learn More link. Follow the prompts to create your Family Tree DNA account.

Once your FTDNA account is created, you can log in to see your matches and to order further testing. You can also join projects, and I recommend that you join the E-M35 Project, which covers haplogroup E1b1b. To join, go to:

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-j...=E-M35_Project

...then sign in to your new FTDNA account, then click the Join button on the next page.

Genographic tested you for 12 markers. FTDNA offers upgrades to 25, 37 and 67 markers. And right now, there's a sale on these upgrades, which ends tomorrow (Saturday, May 23). So if you think you want to upgrade, definitely consider doing it during the sale. You'll find the links to upgrade in your MyFTDNA account.

I recommend going to at least 37 markers if you can, as that level will refine your list of matches to those who you match within genealogical timeframe. (12 and 25 markers are very general and are much more distant.)

Upgrading your markers will not automatically refine your haplogroup assignment. However, the E-M35 Project will try to give you a predicted refinement, if we can, based on your marker values. I'm the primary person who does these predictions for the E-M35 Project. So once you join the project and I can see your results, I will be able to tell you if I can predict your subclade or not.

If you prefer a definitive subclade determination, you would need to order the deep-clade test. You can order this from the Haplotree link on your MyFTDNA page.

So you have a few different options. I can give you more specific advice about the best path for yourself once I see your actual results. For some people, upgrading to more markers is best, while for others, taking the deep-clade test is best. There are also many people who do both

Elise
    Last edited by efgen; 22 May 2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Is it posable

Thanks for your reply
      If I upgradeed would It change my haplogrup form E3b1 to say I1.

REGARDS DOUG

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_cobham View Post
        Thanks for your reply
        If I upgradeed would It change my haplogrup form E3b1 to say I1.

REGARDS DOUG
        No, definitely not. Genographic's haplogroup assignments are accurate -- they just don't go to the deep subclade level.

Elise

Comment

Working...
        X