Haplogroup subgroup T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplogroup subgroup T3

Hello i am from Greece (male 30 years old) and i got tested with the genographic project.These were my results. Other then reading on haplogroup T in general i cant seem to find any specific data in abudance regarding T3. I read that the "T3 : found at the highest frequency in Iceland. Otherwise at low frequencies in Germanic countries and Italy. => Germanic" . I was interested in everything ,from origins to what any other data i can get my hands on from this mtDna test. I googled it -and got into mitosearch and got matches- but did not really find much on T3 on the net in general. Any other T3 folks here?

Type : mtDNA
    Haplogroup : T (subclade T3)

Your Mitochondrial HVR I Sequence

16126C, 16292T, 16294T, 16519C

Thankou

T

Originally posted by Sadragon View Post
    Hello i am from Greece (male 30 years old) and i got tested with the genographic project.These were my results. Other then reading on haplogroup T in general i cant seem to find any specific data in abudance regarding T3. I read that the "T3 : found at the highest frequency in Iceland. Otherwise at low frequencies in Germanic countries and Italy. => Germanic" . I was interested in everything ,from origins to what any other data i can get my hands on from this mtDna test. I googled it -and got into mitosearch and got matches- but did not really find much on T3 on the net in general. Any other T3 folks here?

Type : mtDNA
    Haplogroup : T (subclade T3)

Your Mitochondrial HVR I Sequence

16126C, 16292T, 16294T, 16519C

Thankou
    HVR I is early in the process. I am interested to see you are already Classified T3. At any rate, there are people who stop in here from time to time who are truly expert in this, a couple of whom I could see as particularly helpful in your case, a Russian fellow who I don't dare spell his name from memory lest I accidentally insult him, Dr. Ann Turner, who is just soooooo good in making these things pithily clear to a layman. Dr. David Pike or Terry Barton might also be of help although I believe they, like me are T1 not Tb. As a fellow amateur it seems to me it might be better if you "hear" it from one of them. They can tell you what is important and is not. I like a lot of amateurs get caught up in my private theories.

Good luck to you and now you have paid for an HVR I let me clue you, skip all the way to an FGS and pay it even though it seems awfully expensive because I am not sure having only an HVR I is going to be of great help to you. I could be dead wrong, just judging from my own experience.

Comment

You mean this? mtFullSequence ? This shows all the mtDna data possible? Or does this show everything? SuperDNA ?

To get back to the original question. I didnt imagine it would be so difficult to get data on T3 subgroup.

Comment

Since most companies started to base haplogroup assignments on coding region mutations, T3-5 disappeared. Right now the T-FGS Project will soon try to redefine the T subclades. This is probably why you are having difficulty finding information because we are not sure what subclades we will be reassigned to.

John (formerly T5)

Comment

Hello,

I suspect that mtDNA Haplogroup T3 is either Norse (Norwegian)/ Norman or Celtic. As the Vikings often intermarried with Celtic natives, it could be either one in origin. From their areas of colonization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Normannen.png), they could have brought their wives to Italy.

As I am an adoptee, I am not yet certain that my birth-mother is of Norman descent (no contact yet), but her surname is of French Norman origin. Until I actually get a chance to meet her, I will not know for certain.

I also have a rare Y-DNA halpotype which is rarely found outside of Crete or Syro-Palestine (My birth-father is believed to be Hispanic). So there is no one currently in the FTDNA data base closely related to me.

mtDNA Haplogroup - T3
          HVR1 differences from CRS: 16126C,16183C,16189C,16292T,16294T,16296T,16380T,1 6519C
          HVR2 differences from CRS: 73G,146C,263G,309.1C,309.2C,315.1C,522-,523-

Y-DNA Haplogroup J2a4d (previously J2a8) or J-M319

Autosomal DNA estimates:
          66% European
          29% Native American Indian
          5% Sub-Saharan African
          0% East Asian

Comment

Most of my matches with so far are mostly Scandinavians and Irish and related folk. I dont really look like that i think, but i look exactly like my grandpa from my mothers side thats why i got the Mtdna test first. All the men were extremely tall (1,90-2,15)though i am just average , white skin no sun tolerance and almost multicolored beard red,brown,blond,black in this order. . I guess i will have to do the full test.I dont really understand these things. Since T3 is mostly found in Iceland this means that my folk from my grandmothers side were mostly of Norse and Celtic heritage?

Can i actually find a relative this way? Or just people with genetic similarities.My mother was adopted and i wanted to find my bio granny too other then data in general and conventional methods dont work. She may have been Scandinavian or some other nationality. The paperwork on her is scarce.

Comment

Here are some other discussions about Haplogroup T3 that you may find helpful:

T3 information & The Maltese: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...ighlight=malta

Haplogroup T mystery: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...ogroup+T+malta

It would be interesting to know what genetic mutations distinguish the Vikings from the Celtics. I suspect T3 is Nordic or Celtic, but have not seen any research confirming this. The areas where T3 is located, and the history of Norman colonies appears to be related (Norwegians colonized Iceland, and some took Celtic Wives). The Normans also occupied Sicily for a period of time as recorded in history.

If you find some helpful links, post them for the rest of us Haplogroup T3 members. We do not seem to have many members as T1, T2, and T5 are more common than T3.

If you are adopted, finding information on your birth-parents can be challenging. I had to contact the agency that placed me for adoption for non-identifying information. With information in-hand, visited nearby colleges and searched the student archives until I found her (fourth college visited), and well as some photographs of her and her sister. I sent a letter, but have not yet received a response. I still do not know the surname of my birth-father, expect that he is from Latin America.

I do not look Nordic, but I suspect that is why I am not darker skinned than I currently am with my Southern European / Middle-Eastern ancestry (with Native American Indian admixture). Try the Adoption Forums (http://forums.adoption.com/) for searching tips. If a close genetic relative is tested, then you should be notified. I have had no luck so far, and may need to wait until the FTDNA database increases.
              Last edited by c_thompson_68; 9 April 2009, 01:40 PM. Reason: Updating information

Comment

This is my full results from genographic.

MTDNA

CRS

My Sequence

SNP

Comment

Ydna , can someone delete the previous post? The link died.

Comment

Hi Sadragon,

Did you know that you can transfer your results from Genographic to FTDNA for free? At the bottom of your Genographic results page, there's a section that says "What else can I do with my Results?" Click the Learn More link in there, and the follow the instructions to create your FTDNA account.

Once your FTDNA account is set up, you will have access to everything that a direct FTDNA customer has, including matches, ability to join FTDNA projects, options for additional testing, etc. You'll also have links on your Y-DNA and mtDNA Matches pages to upload your results to the public databases Ysearch and Mitosearch.

mtDNA T project - http://www.familytreedna.com/public/T
                    Y-DNA G project - http://www.familytreedna.com/public/G-YDNA/

Elise

Comment

Thanks i had done this for my Mtdna results and tried to do the same for my Ydna results but not much luck as the system said "NGID was already transfered." In general i think i messed up or i am confused.Is a different acount required to have ydna and mtdna in the database.

I thought i could add the fact that my YDna is G2 to my ftdna acount that already has my mtdna recorded as T3.
                      Last edited by Sadragon; 19 July 2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

You have two different Genographic accounts, right? Make sure you logged into the correct one to do the Y-DNA transfer.

Also, I'm not sure if you can transfer them both to the same FTDNA account or not. You might have to transfer them to separate accounts and then ask FTDNA to combine them. Or you may want to email FTDNA and ask them about this before transferring the Y-DNA -- maybe they can do it for you. You can email them at [email protected]

Elise

Comment

Thankou, i sent them an email.

Comment

Working...
                          X