• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitw
    replied
    Originally posted by Son_Of_Israel
    Hi Henry,

The content of your Posting was immediately of interest to me and the fact that you have a theory - albeit you say not new - is something I would be interested in knowing more about.

From the information you have provided I feel your conclusions might probably agree with mine somewhat.

With regard to joining the UkraineBlackSea Project, try the Link from this Page again to the UkraineBlackSea Family Project Website, then Select REQUEST TO JOIN THIS GROUP at top Left-Hand Corner; if you are still having problems, go to the FTDNA Main Page, select Surname Projects "U", or just do a search Black Sea or Ukraine and follow Join Link from there.

Any problems, just post back and I'll ask FTDNA to investigate.

Thanks for your interest.
    ----------------------
    Done, I've joined the project.
    My R1a1 could be explainable taking into account the location. I was also surprised finding no link to the Middle Eastern haplogroups (E3b, J, J1 or K2) on my parental side. However, my mother's results have delivered the haplogroup U6a, attributed to the North Africa, especially Berbers, which makes more sense in relation to my Jewish background.
    Going back to Y results and without much elaboration at this time, we might suspect the role of Khazar Jews as related to the Scandinavian element of my profile. Besides, Varangians from Scandinavia settled at the territory of contemporary Ukraine and effectively contributed to the history of both Russia and Ukraine.
    We can expand this subject involving Khazars and their divisions (white vs. black), Odin/Azov theory, contribution of Scythians to the origin of Scandinavians, etc. All of them are exciting topics to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• Son_Of_Israel
    replied
    Joining the UkraineBlackSea Project

Originally posted by sitw
    ----------------
    Hi Son_of_Israel,

I've had my DNA sample tested first by the National Geographic, then by FTdna (37 markings).
    I originate from Ukraine and ethnically belong to Ashkenazi Jews (at least my know ancestors do).
    National Geographic has put me in the "Kurgan People" category, folks inhabited the area of the North of the Black sea (R1a1 is my haplogroup, as per NG).
    The majority of my 12/12 matches fall on Scandinavia (Norway in particular), Scotland (mostly Shetland) and GB in general.
    I've found the relatively close matches (33 out of 37) on the WEB with Viking ancestors located in Shetland (they have their own project) but did not communicate with them.
    The point is, I am curious in the nature of these results. I've done some research and come up with the theory that might make sense, although it is not new. I'd like to join your projects to hear from people like me and exchange opinions.

By the way, an attempt to join the project using provided URL has returned a runtime error

Regards,

Henry
    Hi Henry,

The content of your Posting was immediately of interest to me and the fact that you have a theory - albeit you say not new - is something I would be interested in knowing more about.

From the information you have provided I feel your conclusions might probably agree with mine somewhat.

With regard to joining the UkraineBlackSea Project, try the Link from this Page again to the UkraineBlackSea Family Project Website, then Select REQUEST TO JOIN THIS GROUP at top Left-Hand Corner; if you are still having problems, go to the FTDNA Main Page, select Surname Projects "U", or just do a search Black Sea or Ukraine and follow Join Link from there.

Any problems, just post back and I'll ask FTDNA to investigate.

Thanks for your interest.

Leave a comment:

• sitw
    replied
    Joining the project

Originally posted by Son_Of_Israel

Announcing the NEW UkraineBlackSea Project which is open to ALL those persons throughout the World of known Ashkanazi Jewish, Greek, or other descent whose father's, father's, father's Y-DNA, or mother's, mother's, mother's mtDNA lineages extend to those geographical areas North of the Black Sea in the Ukraine that were once designated as SCYTHIA.

Website URL is http://www.familytreedna.com/public/UkraineBlackSea/
    ----------------
    Hi Son_of_Israel,

I've had my DNA sample tested first by the National Geographic, then by FTdna (37 markings).
    I originate from Ukraine and ethnically belong to Ashkenazi Jews (at least my know ancestors do).
    National Geographic has put me in the "Kurgan People" category, folks inhabited the area of the North of the Black sea (R1a1 is my haplogroup, as per NG).
    The majority of my 12/12 matches fall on Scandinavia (Norway in particular), Scotland (mostly Shetland) and GB in general.
    I've found the relatively close matches (33 out of 37) on the WEB with Viking ancestors located in Shetland (they have their own project) but did not communicate with them.
    The point is, I am curious in the nature of these results. I've done some research and come up with the theory that might make sense, although it is not new. I'd like to join your projects to hear from people like me and exchange opinions.

By the way, an attempt to join the project using provided URL has returned a runtime error

Regards,

Henry

Leave a comment:

• Son_Of_Israel
    started a topic New UkraineBlackSea Project

New UkraineBlackSea Project

Announcing the NEW UkraineBlackSea Project which is open to ALL those persons throughout the World of known Ashkanazi Jewish, Greek, or other descent whose father's, father's, father's Y-DNA, or mother's, mother's, mother's mtDNA lineages extend to those geographical areas North of the Black Sea in the Ukraine that were once designated as SCYTHIA.

Website URL is http://www.familytreedna.com/public/UkraineBlackSea/
Working...
X