Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Geno 2.0 Next Gen transfer still provide a CVS file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Geno 2.0 Next Gen transfer still provide a CVS file?

Does anyone know if a Geno 2.0 Next Generation kit, very recently processed by FTDNA (not Helix), if transferred to FTDNA, will still provide a download of the raw data as a .cvs file? This was mentioned in an FTDNA forum post from a couple of years ago, as well as in the Anthrogenica forums back then. There is no option to download the raw data from the Genographic Project for the Next Gen kit, or even older Geno 2.0 kits (which did have the option back in 2012-2013, but apparently do not have the option any longer).
    Last edited by KATM; 14th February 2020, 11:46 AM. Reason: I have now submitted this question to Customer Support, but would like to know if anyone has found this to be true or not.

I'll try again, as my response to my own post disappeared.

I guess I should have checked the FTDNA Learning Center first : https://learn.familytreedna.com/impo...mily-tree-dna/ since it appears FTDNA is still providing data for Geno 2.0 Next Gen transfers, for Y-DNA and mtDNA.

But if anyone has done such a transfer, and received the haplogroup raw data files to use to check the haplogroups given by the Genographic Project, I'd appreciate hearing about your experience. I know some people received a questionable or incorrect haplogroup assignment from the Genographic Project in the past, and were able to use the files to help determine a more accurate assignment.
    Last edited by KATM; 14th February 2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X