Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Indian admixture in White Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • American Indians mixture

    Has anyone thought to read the history of Prince Madoc of Wales ? He and a group of sailors left Wales to sail here in 1100 or 1200 AD, a couple hundred years before Columbus.

    Prince Madoc and his mates landed in North Ameirca and became acquainted with the Indians...Apparently the Scots or Brits came to America in a couple hundred years and heard the Welch dialect...Then it was discovered that Prince Madoc was the progenitor of the American blue eyed indians who spoke Welch..

    Search a Google and see what is found...Interesting...

    Cheers...

    LuRose.

    Comment


    • Welsh speaking blue eyed American Indians? I had to check my calendar to make sure it's not April 1.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LuRose Williams View Post
        Has anyone thought to read the history of Prince Madoc of Wales ? He and a group of sailors left Wales to sail here in 1100 or 1200 AD, a couple hundred years before Columbus.

        Prince Madoc and his mates landed in North Ameirca and became acquainted with the Indians...Apparently the Scots or Brits came to America in a couple hundred years and heard the Welch dialect...Then it was discovered that Prince Madoc was the progenitor of the American blue eyed indians who spoke Welch..

        LuRose
        Hi LuRose. Yes, I have read about the Welsh prince in America. And I think it is true. And I have read that blue (and green?) eyed Indians were here when Europeans arrived. And I have read that an English dialect was spoken by some Indians. And I have read that some east coast North American Indians were already lighter-skinned than in other areas. And I read that the Melungeons, who were already here in the USA when the English arrived, spoke an old dialect of English.

        Comment


        • "Several attempts to confirm Madoc's historicity have been made, but most historians of early America, notably Samuel Eliot Morison, regard the story as myth."

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madoc

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gtc View Post
            Welsh speaking blue eyed American Indians? I had to check my calendar to make sure it's not April 1.
            Today is Halloween. April 1st is my birthday. Yes, I am am Aries. For those who know what rising signs are, my Ascendant is in the last decan of Pisces.

            Comment


            • gtc, how were you able to do a complete edit of your original post without the usual edited post timestamp at the end?


              edit: i see your original post again.
              Last edited by rainbow; 31 October 2009, 02:46 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                Today is Halloween. April 1st is my birthday. Yes, I am am Aries.
                Mine is April 3. I am forever grateful that it wasn't the 1st.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_fools_day#Origins
                Last edited by gtc; 31 October 2009, 02:54 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gtc View Post
                  Mine is April 3. I am forever grateful that it wasn't the 1st.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_fools_day#Origins
                  It's not fun (for me) having that birthday.

                  I liked your link. The Yorkshire diet tap water hoax was funny. 10,000 people fell for it. Thankfully I know all water has 0 calories.


                  edit: Your an Aries too.
                  No wonder you're so quick and bright and instantly likable.
                  Last edited by rainbow; 31 October 2009, 04:03 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                    Your an Aries too.
                    No wonder you're so quick and bright and instantly likable.
                    I'm all of that, and more!

                    Comment


                    • ^ I believe you.


                      About what LuRose said, ten years ago I had a co-worker who said she was half Cherokee. I didn't believe her and I told her I didn't believe it. She was fiercely adamant that she was. I was the only one that said I didn't believe it. She was super-fair and a natural redhead, similar to actresses Nicole Kidman and Marcia Cross, with green eyes (or maybe blue). Then she said her father is a fullblooded Cherokee and her mother is white. I think she said her mom had brown hair when I said she must have gotten her redhair from her mom. And she said her father has green eyes. I said he can't be fullblooded if he has green eyes. She was so angry with me and she insisted he was fullblooded. And other people with us sided with her. They said there are a lot of green eyed fullblooded Cherokees.

                      Comment


                      • I read that 23andme has a Native American Ancestry Finder program. Did you try that Rainbow?

                        Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                        Hi Greg. Thanks for replying. They don't have a Native American database. But I read that Native Americans get Asian results. But I also read that people with Native American ancestry get a lower than expected, even no, Asia result.
                        elizabeth

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GregKiroKHR1bL1 View Post
                          I read that 23andme has a Native American Ancestry Finder program. Did you try that Rainbow?
                          Hi Greg. I didn't see a finder program. I looked at my Ancestry Painting score and my mtdna. The zero Asian score they gave me also means zero Native American. I wouldn't have any matches.

                          Comment


                          • 5 Generation Rule

                            They claim that the finder program is only good for five generations, Rainbow. I could not see it because I do not have a 23andMe account. They do not allow 23andMe in my state.

                            Maybe, some people can find a good out of it.

                            The "five generations" number is the minimum number of generations, based on 23andMe's simulations, after which any trace of American Indian ancestry may fall below the threshold of detection.

                            http://racehist.blogspot.com/2009/04...tivity-of.html
                            Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                            Hi Greg. I didn't see a finder program. I looked at my Ancestry Painting score and my mtdna. The zero Asian score they gave me also means zero Native American. I wouldn't have any matches.

                            Comment


                            • On the left side choices on the menu at 23andMe, look under "account" for "23andMe Labs".

                              Click on that and the NA finder is the 4th option down the page.

                              Comment


                              • Most of my posts in this thread were about various theories on how my paternal grandmother could be 68% , more or less, Native American ancestry. And I have been trying to find and contact her for years. On Sunday, Nov. 15th, I asked my mom to help me search for her online and we found her - my paternal grandmother died Nov. 12th. Her funeral is today, Tuesday November 17th, 2009. The obituary says she was a deacon at her church. And I found out the name of the town my father lives in now (was in obit). From other info in the obit I googled my aunt and found out she twitters. My metro pcs phone web access won't let me sign up for twitter, but I can read the notes. My aunt, who was a Unitarian when I met her in 1991, is now a (Tibetan?) Buddhist. I read that my grandmother had a cardiac arrest last week and was put on a ventilator, but was taken off her ventilator on Thursday Nov. 12th. My paternal grandmother will be interred in the same cemetery that my maternal grandfather is in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X