criminal DNA results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• criminal DNA results.

I have wondered for a long time. If some criminal commits a crime, they extract his/her (per court order) DNA. How does that differ from ours? Are they using a different test? I don’t really care as I have nothing to hide, just curious. Ö dc

Originally posted by darroll
    I have wondered for a long time. If some criminal commits a crime, they extract his/her (per court order) DNA. How does that differ from ours? Are they using a different test? I don’t really care as I have nothing to hide, just curious. Ö dc
    Different markers. The ones used in genealogy are common to families rather than individuals. I'm not even sure if it is diffent DNA totally rather than just x and y chromesomes

Comment

They test for autosomes (non-sexual chromosomes) as well as Ydna and Mtdna. A good test will also cover many markers or locations. You can find many ads for forensic testing on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by josh w.
        They test for autosomes (non-sexual chromosomes) as well as Ydna and Mtdna. A good test will also cover many markers and locations.
        Thanks Josh, I had a feeling it would be autosomal but didn't want to say since I wasn't absolute.... now I know.

Comment

Working...
        X