Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regional ancestry

Hello,

According to geno 2 next gen, my regional ancestry is 68 south europe, 26 asia minor, 2 north africa, 2 arabia.

I'm from Italy, the Marche region on the central adriatic coast. I traced back my surname to only two villages during the 18th century. There was a massive immigration of people from the Balkans from the 15th century, and also some jews.

Would a single patrilineal immigrant (J-z1884)from the 15th,16th century (Balkans, Jew)show on my regional ancestry? It wouldn't, would it?

So, I can't rule out those origins for my Y haplogroup if I lack the component on my regional ancestry. Is that so?

Thanks,
    Last edited by N157515; 12th September 2016, 12:17 AM.

I think I didn't make myself clear.

If my patrilineal j-z1884 y haplogroup had first gone from south west asia to the balkans, and then from the balkans come to my area during the 16th century,should it show as eastern european component today in my regional ancestry or it is too far back? I've got no eastern european component.

Some case if a jew had come to Italy from iberia during the 16th century, would it show as jewish diaspora component today in my regional ancestry?

(I've got some clues for a slavic origin, before waisting time I'd like to know if it is possible to have a 16th century J-z1884 from the balkans without having the component in my regional ancestry)

Thanks in advance

Comment

"Would a single patrilineal immigrant (J-z1884)from the 15th,16th century (Balkans, Jew)show on my regional ancestry? It wouldn't, would it?"

Yeah, I doubt it. It could easily be too washed out to pick up. If it did show up it would probably be at 2% (the lowest the test shows). From that far back I'd think maybe only a few percent chance it would show at best and that might be over-stating the chances. It's hard to get 2% autosomal input from a single ancestor from the 1400 or 1500s. A single ancestor would have a better chance to show from 1600s and especially mid-1700s. It would be a rare bunch of flips of the dice for it to not wash out before today.

Comment

Also tricky is that if it is Sephardic Jewish then they also share some gene patterns in common with Italians. Ashkenazi would probably be the only chance from that far back to maybe, maybe, maybe get picked up. But again from 1400 or 1500s it can be hard to retain 1.5%+ from that person.

Comment

Working...
        X