Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serbia- E3b (M35) Questions??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Serbia- E3b (M35) Questions??

    I tested recetly in the Genographic Project and my haplogroup came to be E3b (M35). I'm Serbian-Montenegrian and I wonder how my haplogroup happend to be E3b. Does someone have some more information on migrations of this haplogroup and its connections to slavic people? This might be the case of different mixtures of cultures on Balkan Peninsula. Does someone have some further knowledge of this haplogroup in this part of Europe?

  • #2
    Originally posted by GoranPesic
    I tested recetly in the Genographic Project and my haplogroup came to be E3b (M35). I'm Serbian-Montenegrian and I wonder how my haplogroup happend to be E3b. Does someone have some more information on migrations of this haplogroup and its connections to slavic people? This might be the case of different mixtures of cultures on Balkan Peninsula. Does someone have some further knowledge of this haplogroup in this part of Europe?
    Hello Goran, welcome to the E3b club,

    I recommend you to read the first four pages of this paper:

    http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/hape3b.pdf

    Read it as many time as necessary in order to gain a good understanding of the subject.

    Roberto

    Comment


    • #3
      Goran -

      You might like the haplogroup maps here: http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/~mcdonald/Wo...groupsMaps.pdf

      E3b is the light sky blue. It's easier to to see it on the map of Europe on the second page than it is on the world map.

      There is also an interesting article on E3b here: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....NA/hg/E3b.html
      Last edited by Stevo; 28 April 2006, 06:02 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Goran,

        I'm an E3b from the Golden Horseshoe (Oshawa to Niagara Falls) area of Ontario, Canada. I'm adopted, but from what I heard, my E3b relatives are from Great Britain.

        Recently I read that the spread of E3b followed several movements out of the Middle East. There may be a corrolation between Roman outposts throughout Europe and E3b concentrations. Romans moved people around a lot throughout their empire. Here's a website that I found helpful: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb..../haplo_e3b.htm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GoranPesic
          I tested recetly in the Genographic Project and my haplogroup came to be E3b (M35). I'm Serbian-Montenegrian and I wonder how my haplogroup happend to be E3b. Does someone have some more information on migrations of this haplogroup and its connections to slavic people? This might be the case of different mixtures of cultures on Balkan Peninsula. Does someone have some further knowledge of this haplogroup in this part of Europe?
          I also tested with Genographic Project. From the Genographic Project at least I got the information: The marker is common in southern Italy, southeast Europe and northern Africa among the descendants of ancient farmers who carried their agricultural lifestyle out of its Middle Eastern birthplace.

          Southeast Europe I suppose should mean the Balkan Peninsula.

          http://dienekes.ifreepages.com/blog/...es/000531.html
          says about the E3b subclade M78 alpha cluster:

          Cluster α is found at the highest frequencies in Albania, Rumania and Bulgaria (>20%) and in Greece (according to unpublished data which they cite), and its frequency decreases sharply in all other populations. Surprisingly, it is found outside Europe in frequencies <5%, even in Turkey (3.4%). Thus, the authors conclude that it represents "an important range expansion from the Balkans to western and southern-central Europe". What should be noted is that cluster α Y chromosomes make up almost the entirety of Balkan Y chromosome, are almost entirely absent outside Europe and represent an expansion from the Balkans.

          Probably you would belong to E3b-M78 alpha cluster. FTDNA has a subclade test if you are interested, but it won't tell which cluster you belong to. For further information see http://www.familytreedna.com/deepclade.html#deepE

          Leo

          Comment


          • #6
            I just checked out an update on my "matches" and got a "1 Step Mutation" added in the last day or so from Serbia. That may be you, Goran. So far I've had only one 12/12 match (someone in the Ukraine) and now 4 "1 Step Mutation" ones.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GoranPesic
              I tested recetly in the Genographic Project and my haplogroup came to be E3b (M35). I'm Serbian-Montenegrian and I wonder how my haplogroup happend to be E3b. Does someone have some more information on migrations of this haplogroup and its connections to slavic people? This might be the case of different mixtures of cultures on Balkan Peninsula. Does someone have some further knowledge of this haplogroup in this part of Europe?

              m78 migrated north thru balkins

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Marttinen
                Hi Goran,

                I'm an E3b from the Golden Horseshoe (Oshawa to Niagara Falls) area of Ontario, Canada. I'm adopted, but from what I heard, my E3b relatives are from Great Britain.

                Recently I read that the spread of E3b followed several movements out of the Middle East. There may be a corrolation between Roman outposts throughout Europe and E3b concentrations. Romans moved people around a lot throughout their empire. Here's a website that I found helpful: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb..../haplo_e3b.htm

                e3b doesnt mean roman

                Comment


                • #9
                  What I meant is that Romans moved other people around a lot. Roman roads and shipping lanes were the fastest and best forms of transportation ever seen until the 20th Century. Roman Empire authorities transported middle easterners to Britain and around the time of Paul, kicked all of the Jews out of the city of Rome.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Marttinen
                    What I meant is that Romans moved other people around a lot. Roman roads and shipping lanes were the fastest and best forms of transportation ever seen until the 20th Century. Roman Empire authorities transported middle easterners to Britain and around the time of Paul, kicked all of the Jews out of the city of Rome.
                    if there is one thing i dont want is to be roman i have very little respect for them. so i am sensative to all e3bs being in ireland by romans .i understand what you said and agree i just dont want to be roman.italians fine but romans no

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Religious and political deception and force are the methods associated with Rome.

                      I just wonder what the author of my link meant by "75% of those in Britian have Roman DNA"? Does he include the DNA in the blood that Rome has spilt?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My comment above has nothing to do with people or the actual city called Rome--just the historical system. I'd rather we get back to the E3b trail. Every day I find out some new facinating thing about it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Marttinen
                          Religious and political deception and force are the methods associated with Rome.
                          I hope you mean ancient, pagan Rome.

                          Originally posted by Marttinen
                          I just wonder what the author of my link meant by "75% of those in Britian have Roman DNA"? Does he include the DNA in the blood that Rome has spilt?
                          I think it quite likely the Romans left behind some of their DNA in Britain. Some of those of mixed Roman and Briton parentage probably left with the legions that evacuated Britain. Others fled to Armorica (Brittany) in northwestern Gaul, still others into Strathclyde and the region between the Antonine Wall and Hadrian's Wall, and some into Wales.

                          Imposing 21st century value judgments on ancient peoples is a double-edged sword. It is difficult to say the Romans were any worse than their contemporaries.

                          Besides, the biggest single y-haplogroup in Italy is R1b. Chances are, some of the y-DNA the Romans left behind in Britain was R1b. Of course, the Romans had legionaries from many lands in their service.
                          Last edited by Stevo; 30 April 2006, 08:08 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here is a recent Roman find in France.

                            http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...8_paris30.html

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm interested in many people.I like learning this.I understand many people moved or were moved over the centuries,and that many nations play host to many people.I'm not to thick to understand this.I'm glad these things are being clarified and studied.It would be nice if the people who draw up the Hapmaps would mention that some y-E3b dwells in Britain.I guess they don't list it because E3b is from another continent,but if they dwell there the map ought to show it.The map normally shows or verbally lists the percentages of haplogroups that dwell in each country.My haplogroup is listed as a tiny sliver because we aren't large,but they did list it.I feel for groups that aren't acknowledged because no one would know they existed.But all western Eb3 men mention that they dwelled in Britain.I think many haplogroups can dwell in one country as long as everyone's treated as justly as possible and given enough space and resources. Many peope like to live in Italy whether or not they're Italian-They just think it's a great place to be.
                              Last edited by Jambalaia32; 30 April 2006, 09:25 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X