Join the Iberian DNA Project Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the Iberian DNA Project Project

This project is open to those who's Y-DNA (father's father's father's...) or Mt-DNA (mother's mother's mother's...) line extends to Spain, Portugal, and/or Andorra (Iberian Peninsula). It is the hope of this DNA project to discover the different people who made a mark on all of us who have roots on the Iberian Peninsula. If you have taken the DNA test and would like to post the results or have any questions about this project, please contact the Project Administrator by e-mail or call him at (505) 266-6059.

http://www.ftdna.com/surname_join.as...projecttype=DG

a) Basque
    b) Celt
    c) Berber
    d) Phoenician
    e) Greek
    f) Carthaginian
    g) Roman
    h) Sephardic Jew
    i) Gypsy
    j) Suebi
    k) Vandal
    l) Alan Sarmatian
    m) Visigoth
    n) Hun
    o) Berber Moor
    p) Arab Moor
    q) Sub-Saharan African
    r) Seljuk Turk
    s) Slav
    t) Magyar

Good initiative!

It might be a good idea to join this project

Comment

If one has known ties to Iberia.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O'Connor

Elementary, dear O'Connor

Comment

Originally posted by M.O'Connor
          Yeah, If. What are the Iberians' genetic mutations? List both the males y-chromosome and the female mitochrondrial DNA.I guess it'll be on the website. I don't deny the possibility having ancestry from various places,but I'd need to see some genetic proof.That what this GeneticGenealogy is all about anyway.If you can show I'm related then I'm related.

Jambalaia32
          Last edited by Jambalaia32; 20 April 2006, 08:59 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
            Yeah, If. What are the Iberians' genetic mutations? List both the males y-chromosome and the female mitochrondrial DNA.I guess it'll be on the website. I don't deny the possibility having ancestry from various places,but I'd need to see some genetic proof.That what this GeneticGenealogy is all about anyway.If you can show I'm related then I'm related.

Jambalaia32
            I'm not trying to be mean,but if you see markers then you know you're one of those people.I'm sure it's possible to have a little input from a variety of places; maybe I got somme maybe I don't .

Comment

In the last DNA test I did, I found my gggmother. Now I'm on my 6th test to find my partenal mother DNA.

Comment

Working...
              X