Geno 2.0 Next Gen vs. Family Finder test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno 2.0 Next Gen vs. Family Finder test

I have a kit that has Family Finder test done on a female. How much more can a Geno 2 test tell me other than the mtDNA (I am not interested mtDNA). Just wondering if there is any point to having Geno 2 done.

as far as i know none. perhaps the autosomal part of the geno 2.0 test more snps than family finder, but no that I'm aware. I have never had a genographic test, but I assume they have a database when you get cousin matches so the only advantage would be being exposed to another set of testers.

Comment

Originally posted by jtdeible99 View Post
      I have never had a genographic test, but I assume they have a database when you get cousin matches so the only advantage would be being exposed to another set of testers.
      No, Genographic does not offer its own matching. You can transfer your data to Family Finder, and--for a fee--match against the Family Finder database.

The primary advantage of Genographic is for a man. It promises Y-DNA classification and mtDNA classification as well as autosomal ancestry composition.

Comment

Working...
      X