Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer

I signed in to Genographic yesterday, and discovered I had results before receiving an email. I transferred the results to FTDNA, which only shows my haplogroup (H49a1) and nothing else. This morning I received an email from Genographic saying my results were ready. Did I transfer too soon, and not all of the results were transferred? Should I transfer again? Do I just wait and see if anything else shows up on FTDNA?

Originally posted by kimberwolfe View Post
    I signed in to Genographic yesterday, and discovered I had results before receiving an email. I transferred the results to FTDNA, which only shows my haplogroup (H49a1) and nothing else. This morning I received an email from Genographic saying my results were ready. Did I transfer too soon, and not all of the results were transferred? Should I transfer again? Do I just wait and see if anything else shows up on FTDNA?
    If you are female then the transfer is just your mtDNA haplogroup. I am actually also mtDNA H49a1, and we are a rare bunch. Most of us have German origins or areas thereabouts.

Comment

Transfering Female Geno1.0 Results

I am trying to assist a lady who tested Geno1.0 back in 2010. She was very disappointed in the results as there was just a long screed finally telling her she was "H". No further subdivision, and no actual mutational results.

I don't believe she has transferred to FTDNA yet, and if she does transfer, do we see her actual mutations? Did Geno1.0 only test HVR1, or a little deeper?

She feels she spent 'quite a bit of money' (her words) and has got nothing from it.

She wishes to know if she has Maori ancestry so I am thinking Family Finder might be the tack to take.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishIII View Post
        Did Geno1.0 only test HVR1, or a little deeper?

She feels she spent 'quite a bit of money' (her words) and has got nothing from it.

She wishes to know if she has Maori ancestry so I am thinking Family Finder might be the tack to take.
        For women, Geno 1.0 tested only HVR1. (For men, Y-DNA12.)

If she transfers her Geno 1.0 results and samples to FTDNA, she can at least save the $10 shipping cost of Family Finder--although she may have to place the order by phone, because (at least until recently) the web site charged customers a bogus shipping fee anyway.

Comment

I recently transferred my Geno and there is little to show for the Geno results. I am female, so there is no yDNA of course. I pretty much only see my Haplogroup and coding region matches (a list of where they are from and how many, not actual matches).

I did transfer too soon, my screen showed updates in time frames and when results came in, but didn't display results. I had to send an e-mail and they pulled the rest of the results in with no problem (2 kits). So, don't "transfer" a second time, just send an e-mail if you really think your results are incomplete. Again, mine really doesn't show anything much for Geno results.

As for the "shipping" charge, I did add on to my husband's Geno, and he was NOT charged the shipping fee online. This was a couple months ago. For me, I did additional testing, but I didn't want to wait for Geno to complete before running my family finder, so I ordered the family finder and had it shipped to me, THEN I transferred my Geno.

Comment

Working...
          X