No announcement yet.

new mtDNA haplogroup assignments at the Genographic Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife was T2b is now T2b24a and she does have 1 of the 2 mutations listed. Mine has not changed

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      My Son's MT group has changed and it is now on the MT tree. That is one good thing that I got from the Geno 2,the 55 MTDNA SNPs of my Son and my Wife. The group is T2B19 and it is 0.1%.
      The MT group is T2B19 but is probably T2B19* as she doesn't have the other mutations that are listed. It would not surprise me if her subgroup originated 6000 ybp.

Comment

mt haplogroup

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
        My correct haplogroup assignment of H24a has been restored.

Just to be sure that it's a correction and not a roll-back: Could someone who received a correct update (e.g. a more specific subclade) check to see if they retained the update?
        I have it H1 4a at 23andme and had it at Geno 2.0 as H14 and they recently changed to H14a, correction in my case is correct.

Comment

Uprgaded my maternal haplogroup

I see that they did upgrade my maternal haplogroup from V to V19, which matches my full sequencing results from FTDNA, however they still have my paternal haplogroup as Z14, and it is actually Z372, which is my terminal snp/haplogroup. Z372 has been on the upgraded tree since at least 2013 I believe.

Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher
          Kit#122883

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
            I see that they did upgrade my maternal haplogroup from V to V19, which matches my full sequencing results from FTDNA, however they still have my paternal haplogroup as Z14, and it is actually Z372, which is my terminal snp/haplogroup. Z372 has been on the upgraded tree since at least 2013 I believe.

Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher
            Kit#122883
            Geno2 are using the latest mtdna tree which all other companies are not using.

for me , Geno2 is 100% correct for my mtdna ( which is rare ) and my Ydna

Comment

Working...
            X