new mtDNA haplogroup assignments at the Genographic Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mtDNA haplogroup assignments at the Genographic Project

Several people are reporting updated assignments with more specific subclades.

In my case, the haplogroup changed from H24a to H11a, which is incorrect. Both H11a1 and H24a have a mutation 16293G, but these are parallel mutations that occurred on different haplogroup backgrounds. H11a1 has a sequence of mutations that are absent in H24a, so the Genographic Project is not traversing the tree, just seizing on one particular mutation.

Is there a good place to report this situation to the Genographic Project?

My haplogroup at Geno 2.0 is still the same - T2e. That's the same assignment I have at FTDNA from full sequence results.

Does anyone know when www.phylotree.org will be coming out with a new build of their mtDNA tree?

Comment

My mtDNA Haplogroup changed from F1a1 to F1a1a.

Comment

Thanks, Ann. I hope your subclade label gets ironed out promptly.

I just checked it out at the Genographic Project, and found the following notice: "... The Genographic Project is now using the most updated mtDNA tree available. This tree is known as Build 16 on Phylotree: www.phylotree.org." This is fabulous, and it reflects a giant step forward. In my case, they got it exactly right. I transitioned from the label of I5 to I5c1.

It will be a happy day for FTDNA customers and mtDNA projects when the update takes place here too.

- Martha Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
          Several people are reporting updated assignments with more specific subclades.

In my case, the haplogroup changed from H24a to H11a, which is incorrect. Both H11a1 and H24a have a mutation 16293G, but these are parallel mutations that occurred on different haplogroup backgrounds. H11a1 has a sequence of mutations that are absent in H24a, so the Genographic Project is not traversing the tree, just seizing on one particular mutation.

Is there a good place to report this situation to the Genographic Project?
          My son has a new subclade name but I checked the two SNPs associated with the clade and he has only one but it is not right. He has A>G instead of G>A.

Comment

My maternal haplogroup has changed from H67 to H27.

Comment

I've changed from T2 to T2b25 but when I checked PhyloTree I don't have those mutations...

Comment

Mine has changed incorrectly from H7 to H27.

Comment

If you think there is a mistake in your results, e-mail them at [email protected]
                  They've always responded to me within a few days when I had a question or suggestion.

Comment

I'm in contact with the programmer now. His hypothesis is that the algorithm isn't handling back mutations correctly (which affects a small number of samples).

If any of you want to e-mail me privately [email protected] about your case, include your Geno2 ID with your old and new haplogroup assignments. I will pass it on to the programmer.

Comment

My full sequence mtdna here at FTDNA is T2b4a. Geno2 has updated my mtdna to T2b4a1. I have no idea if the Geno2 update is correct.

Comment

Our maternal haplogroup changed from H3 to H3AQ

Comment

My correct haplogroup assignment of H24a has been restored.

Just to be sure that it's a correction and not a roll-back: Could someone who received a correct update (e.g. a more specific subclade) check to see if they retained the update?

Comment

Ann,

My updated label I5c1 is still displayed, so it is not a roll-back. I'm pleased to see that all looks well with my other accounts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                              My correct haplogroup assignment of H24a has been restored.

Just to be sure that it's a correction and not a roll-back: Could someone who received a correct update (e.g. a more specific subclade) check to see if they retained the update?
                              My Son's MT group has changed and it is now on the MT tree. That is one good thing that I got from the Geno 2,the 55 MTDNA SNPs of my Son and my Wife. The group is T2B19 and it is 0.1%.

Comment

Working...
                              X