Transferring my Geno 2.0 results to FTDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring my Geno 2.0 results to FTDNA

I have a question about transferring my Geno 2.0 results to FTDNA. After the Geno 2.0 results are transferred, does this completely replace my original FTDNA results with the Geno 2.0 results? Or do I still see my original FTDNA results and Geno 2.0 results at the same time? This is probably a stupid question but I want to know. Please help! Thank you!

Transferring my Geno 2.0 results to FTDNA

Maybe I am not being clear on this. After I transferred my Geno 2.0 results to FTDNA, would I be able to see my original FTDNA results and the imported Geno 2.0 results at the same time? Or is this not possible? Help me, people.

Comment

I sense impatience. Be patient when asking for help. There are a lot of people willing to help. So many that some threads get the same answer about from eight different people. It's best to give at least a day before resending a question since some people are busy, or sleeping.

You will see all of your SNPs that you tested with FTDNA lumped together with the positive SNPs from Geno 2.0 once you transfer your Geno 2.0 results.

What is your terminal SNP with Geno 2.0 ?

Comment

Apparently, you didn't answer my question. Yes, I am impatient. I don't care what my terminal SNP is for Geno 2.0, Armando. Let me rephrase my question, Armando. My question is can I see my original myOrigins results and imported Geno 2.0 results at the same time. Understand?

Comment

The reason I never answered your question is because you never phrased it correctly.

Comment

I apologize, Armando.

Comment

Is there anything else, my dear Armando?
              Last edited by lordrevan2012; 20 September 2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lordrevan2012 View Post
                My question is can I see my original myOrigins results and imported Geno 2.0 results at the same time.
                myOrigins won't be affected by your Geno2.0 transfer.

When you transfer Geno2.0 to FTDNA, only your Y-DNA SNPs and mtDNA haplogroup will transfer. Autosomal results do not transfer.

Elise

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

its a great pity that Ftdna stopped accepting the Natgeno2 negative results and only takes across the positive results.

this started in April 2014

I would really like to know why ftdna did this as it creates far more work for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bartot View Post
                      its a great pity that Ftdna stopped accepting the Natgeno2 negative results and only takes across the positive results.

I would really like to know why ftdna did this as it creates far more work for me
                      Negatives should be getting transferred, at least as of last month. If your negative results haven't been transferred, please contact Customer Support to report the issue.

Please note: Only *relevant* negatives are transferred -- the ones that are downstream of your subclade. Negatives outside of your subclade aren't transferred since they're presumed negative.

Elise

Comment

Prior to April 29, 2014 the Geno 2.0 negative results would not show on the FTDNA page. From April 29 until an unknown date the relevant negative markers would appear for kits already in the FTDNA database. On the unknown date the Geno 2.0 results, positive and relevant negative, disappeared from the kits of some people. After that date a refresh would repopulate the positive and relevant negative results from Geno 2.0. Not long after that the relevant negative results would no longer appear with refreshes or transfers. I know this because of multiple kits I manage.

I was told by a rep in mid-August, which is when I had another kit refreshed, that they were planning on getting that fixed but since there was no guarantee it was going to be fixed or even an expected date I never reported what I had been told by the rep. Based on Elise's response it seems that it has finally been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                          Negatives should be getting transferred, at least as of last month. If your negative results haven't been transferred, please contact Customer Support to report the issue.

Please note: Only *relevant* negatives are transferred -- the ones that are downstream of your subclade. Negatives outside of your subclade aren't transferred since they're presumed negative.

Elise
                          Hi Elise

Why isn't basal negatives transferred?

Why are my "proposed to test SNP" not marked negative if they are negative in my Natgeno2?

I am confused on what type of system of negative transfers you mean.

I seem to be the only person in the T and ALPGEN projects that is not showing negatives, except the ones I did as a single SNP test ....I know I have negatives because I downloaded my results.

kind regards
                          Last edited by Bartot; 24 September 2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Why are my "proposed to test SNP" not marked negative if they are negative in my Natgeno2?
                            You only have two SNPs marked as available for testing.

Are you certain that they are negative in your Geno2.0 results? If so, then those negatives definitely should have been transferred. In that case, please report the issue to Customer Support so they can have IT check into it.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                              You only have two SNPs marked as available for testing.

Are you certain that they are negative in your Geno2.0 results? If so, then those negatives definitely should have been transferred. In that case, please report the issue to Customer Support so they can have IT check into it.

Elise
                              I sent you a private message dealing with something similar but with a kit that was transferred this month and the relevant negative results are not showing up. We need to get everyone from FTDNA on the same page.

Comment

Working...
                              X