haplogroup T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haplogroup T

I received my HVR1 results which are:16126C 16163G 16186T 16189C 16294T 16519C . I don't know how to proceed from here.

Originally posted by Tessa's Mom
    I received my HVR1 results which are:16126C 16163G 16186T 16189C 16294T 16519C . I don't know how to proceed from here.
    you've got a type which makes it hard to proceed with classification This is the "root" sequence of haplogroup T1a, about 1% of Europeans bear the same type, in other words, you have millions of hvs1 matches, from France to Russia, from Iceland to Mediterranea. Of course, some variations of this type do exist, they allow to find T1a individuals that are more related to you than other members of T1a, this is the ultimate aim of the "molecular genealogy". Unfortunately, most of the sites varied in T1 are located in the coding region of mtdna molecule which is usually not subjected for commercial sequencing.
    Last edited by vraatyah; 5 January 2006, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I am also T1. I only pay attention to high resolution matches (HVR2).

Timothy Peterman

Comment

The Russian Tsar was also T.

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman
          I am also T1. I only pay attention to high resolution matches (HVR2).
          most of the hvs2 variations in T1 are indels

Comment

Originally posted by Noaide
            The Russian Tsar was also T.
            T2b, not T1

Comment

further testing

Thank you for your replies to my T1 questions. What more can I do to narrow the my results.I know my maternal great great grandmother was born in Scotland and that is as far back as I can go.

Comment

Tessa's Mom

I have the exact same results and have ordered the HVR2(?) to find more matches. My grandmother was born in Gottschee, Austria.

Comment

Working...
                X