Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno2.0 to FTDNA without Existing FTDNA Kit

Hello!

Today I mentioned to a colleague that has taken Geno2.0 that he could transfer to FTDNA. He does not have an existing test or kit with FTDNA.

After the transfer will he log in with or be assigned a kit# or a different login ID?

Trying to get him some additional information.

Thanks!

He'll be assigned an FTDNA kit number so he can log into his account on myFTDNA.

Once he has an FTDNA kit number, he'll also be able to order additional tests as upgrades to that kit, if interested (such as standard Y-DNA tests or Family Finder). Since the FTDNA lab does the testing for Genographic, his DNA samples are already onsite and he shouldn't need to submit new ones.

Elise

Comment

This topic in the Learning Center directs you to a page to do the transfer, and you can specify on the form there if you are a new or existing customer:
      https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...mily-tree-dna/

I started at FamilyTreeDNA by transferring my results and my father's from our Geno 2.0 accounts, and we were given new FTDNA accounts and passwords. These were not related to our Geno 2.0 account numbers. I believe it is still done this way.

Oops, just saw Elise beat me to it.
      Last edited by KATM; 18 June 2014, 04:45 PM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate it.

Comment

Geno2 results transferred to Family tree

I have my geno2 DNA results that I would like to transfer to my family tree page but i see the national geographic files are in excel and not GEDCOM, what do i need to do to get them on my family tree page? thanks

Comment

Geno 2 results are SNP's and have no relationship

to your family tree. SNP's are for determining Haplogroups and sub-clades. When you transfer your Geno 2 results, you will have your haplogroups listed on you page and the snp, will show up in your Y-dna results if you are male and your MTDNA snp's will show in your mtdna results.

There are no family ties in Geno 2.

Comment

Originally posted by yokota View Post
              I have my geno2 DNA results that I would like to transfer to my family tree page but i see the national geographic files are in excel and not GEDCOM, what do i need to do to get them on my family tree page? thanks
              All you have to do is go to https://www.familytreedna.com/landin...r.aspx#/verify and fill that out

Comment

Working...
              X