X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noaide
    replied
    Jambalaia,

It seems my D5b is not in Scandinavia due to more recent historic events. Its motif is mainly seen among the Saami and populations around the White Sea in todays Russia, and one observations among the Altains in Siberia. It occurs at low frequencies. One Saami group living beside Lake Inari in north Finland have it at under 30% (maybe I remember wrong).

I still not found a possible age for my particular motif of D5b.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    Originally posted by Noaide
    Prejudice is common also regarding the Saami, it seems everything is better than to have Saami anchestors so people call them self Norwegians, or Kvens instead. Both Saami and NA seem to be connected with drunk and bad people among other things.
    The haplogroup of N is rather rare . MtN is found in few places.Mostly in Australia,which I guess makes them some sort of Aboriginal people. I always thought all of those Asians were smart with plenty of earth sense. But neither the D nor the N live near each other,that would have to be a chance meeting or migration. I guess prejudice would affect them,mainly because I think people wouldn't know who they are ,no one knows what a Saami is.And most peole in the west are expected to fit in,or conform the the mainstream,which would be hard to do if you wanted to acknowledge some other lineage besides standard European,which is Mt-H I guess,it's Europe's largest haplogroup.Other Reg.Euro haplogroups are acknowledged too,but it helps to have a separate land,and economy,unless you want to be forced to conform to another's ideals,standards.I think rare breeds should be treated with extra care,but usually the opposite is done.Saami's are 4%population,my clan is 8%,not that much bigger,Iguess we're rare by Europe's Standards.

Leave a comment:

• Jambalaia32
    replied
    I'm looking at the haplogroup Map by FtDNA and MtD is found in ChineseMongols.It's a really E. Asian Haplogroup.Maybe that's why the Finns are so smart and successful because they are really Chinese People! Not backwards White Europeans.I don't know what your subgroup D5 represents. I think all the world's people are great and I like to learn about all of the clans,whereever thay might dwell.
    Mt D is found in Han,Sabah IslandIndonesia,Siberians,Thailand,Altaians,Alaska n Aleuts,Alaskan Eskimos,and in some American Indians!

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied
    What is areas are included in the term "North-Russia" ?

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied
    vraatyah

Of the existing published data, what HVR1 sequence of D5b is only observed among the Saami?

Leave a comment:

• Eternitat
    replied
    Not sure what you mean by admixtured. But if it means being biracial, then no I am not.

I was different from the local population because I had my father's accent rather than my mother's local one.

Leave a comment:

• vraatyah
    replied
    Originally posted by Eternitat
    I am just confused because nobody in the family knew anything about it.
    were you to get a NA marker on a line other than direct maternal, you wouldn't know about it, because you are not admixtured, or if any, no more than other people in the population you belong to. You worry about one ancestor lived 300 years ago, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Eternitat
    replied
    I'm not prejudiced against either Asians or Native American Indians.

I am just confused because nobody in the family knew anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied

Originally posted by vraatyah
    Noaide, I was just sarcastic about it

Leave a comment:

• vraatyah
    replied
    Prejudice is common also regarding the Saami, it seems everything is better than to have Saami anchestors so people call them self Norwegians, or Kvens instead. Both Saami and NA seem to be connected with drunk and bad people among other things.
    Noaide, I was just sarcastic about it

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied
    Hope it will not take too many years

Do you have any opinion about Saami mtDNA in general? Do you believe based on the fact at the present as they say in literature that Saami was the first in Scandinavia?

there is one large sample from Kola, but I'm not aware of when the authors will publish it.

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied

It seems you prefer the Asian connection and are prejudiced to NA

Leave a comment:

• vraatyah
    replied
    Is there any data available for the Kola Saami/East Saami regarding D5b?
    there is one large sample from Kola, but I'm not aware of when the authors will publish it.

This is abit offtopic of this thread but what genetic system has been used in this paper where they among other things compare I/H2 and N3/H16 between the Saami and Finns. In table 6 there they seem to use a different system for DYS389i and DYS89ii.
    i'm not familiar with Ys

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied
    This is abit offtopic of this thread but what genetic system has been used in this paper where they among other things compare I/H2 and N3/H16 between the Saami and Finns. In table 6 there they seem to use a different system for DYS389i and DYS89ii. I have by assuming the most common haplotype for the Finns is DYS389i=14 and DYS389ii=16/30 using FTDNA system is the same as DYS389i=11 and DYS389ii=28. It is like adding +3 to DYS389i and deduct -1 to DYS389ii or if applying directly to the table DYS389i +3 and DYS389ii +2.

http://www.genome.org/cgi/content/full/11/3/471#T1

Is my thinking correct?

Leave a comment:

• Noaide
    replied
    Is there any data available for the Kola Saami/East Saami regarding D5b?

you'll have to wait until my colleague Oleg Balanovsky publishes his data on Russians.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X