Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Christians/Creationists torn over the timeline presented in the GP?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hrodberht

And actually, from a biblical perspective, Japhetic tribes founded all the places you mention. This is especially obvious in the case of Troy: Troy was founded by the Japhetic/Indo-European tribe springing from Tiras (worshipped by his descendents as war-god Thuras or Thor).

Tiras>Tiracian>Thirasian>Thracian>Trajan>Trojan (later named Aesir, “Iron people”>Svear>Swede).

check out the sons of zarah and the founders of the city states

also in virgil, aneaus thought the romans and iberians were cousins

Comment

Originally posted by Hrodberht
      Tiras>Tiracian>Thirasian>Thracian>Trajan>Trojan (later named Aesir, “Iron people”>Svear>Swede).

remember no vowels
      just like hebrew and olgham

Comment

derinos

Noaide, thanks for the Piri chart link!
        That download is very slow, but very worthwhile. Resolution was too low to read the inscriptions; I wish I could afford a well-focussed copy!

"Piri" is a common Portuguese word connoting "Fiery"; it could be a nickname or pen-name......

A square collator's stamp on the right bears an assigned dating of 1515 or 1513 AD, which is contemporary with the Portuguese Captain, Fernao Magalhaens' (Magellan's)voyages; he died in 1521, on the Spanish-financed first world circumnavigation, when he charted the "Straits of Magellan".
        (Of genealogic interest, his crew-list included Galicians, Basques and Catalans.)

Ships are pictured all over the chart; their expertly-drawn details identify caravels, carracks, and dhows, vessels in common use in Fernao's time. Dhows are not very different today!

The SW shore appears to be that of Argentine-Patagonia, bent round for inclusion in a restricted sheet, something permitted on charts drawn to illustrate a Rutter. An adjacent compass-rose with projected transits would be referred to when the Rutter described a specific area.
        Such a rose can be seen on this chart, facing the "bent" piece of coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
          the whole world interacts history ,science, religion, comerce,art, all interact. to think they dont is to make a serious mistake

if i told you last jan that there was a small race of humids to be found you ;'de ask me if i was hung up on the lord of the rings. well?
          today the world of science is shaking by the clovis people coming across the alantic.
          who knows whats ahead the one bet i can have is that change is ahead.
          the smart people are awaiting it.others will dig in to fight it

in the end all the fields i mentioned will come together
          I've made no mistke.

The Lord of the Rings?
          Last edited by M.O'Connor; 1 January 2006, 01:31 PM.

Comment

There already is a small race of People called Pigmy.

I know you will want to add that these other Middle Eathlings are distinct. I have read some of the sensational news, and news of others questioning the sensational news. I'll let that hang in the air till I hear more? I wasn't interested enough to go surfing the net to read about it any further at the time. It's a bad hobbit of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O'Connor
              There already is a small race of People called Pigmy.

I know you will want to add that these other Middle Eathlings are distinct. I have read some of the sensational news, and news of others questioning the sensational news. I'll let that hang in the air till I hear more? I wasn't interested enough to go surfing the net to read about it any further at the time. It's a bad hobbit of mine.

PIGMY IS LIKE US JUST SMALL
              the thing about the hobits finds is these homids used much more of their brains. a whole lot more then we do. and they would not be concidered small men but a different branch. you know that uncle at christmas who embarrasses everyone, him

Comment

Here you can download one for USD 2.5

http://images.lulu.com/content/62887

Also check this out http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_1.htm

They suggest the mapmaker used Cairo as the north pole, do not know if this is true, have no ideas, since I already know they are wrong about the Antarctica coast.

Originally posted by derinos
                Noaide, thanks for the Piri chart link!
                That download is very slow, but very worthwhile. Resolution was too low to read the inscriptions; I wish I could afford a well-focussed copy! .
                Last edited by Noaide; 2 January 2006, 06:29 AM.

Comment

This post sure took a strange turn somewhere..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jdchess
                    they usually do

Comment

I searched for some information on the "Piri Reis Map"
                      This is the article i decided to read from my net-search.
                      I'll post this one point of possible explanation, and if you'd like to follow the link you can read the whole page.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"The same question applies to the coast of South America where - as Hapgood admits - his advanced cartographers lost 900 miles of coastline. As a look at the map will show, the coast, below the Rio de la Plata, simply turns east and becomes, according to Hapgood, Antarctica.

This part of the Antarctica hypothesis - the key part - is actually the weakest. First, the hypothetical cartographers left out the Strait of Magellan and Cape Horn. Next, they connected the coastline of "Antarctica" to South America and extended it eastward."

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                      The article is here http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issu...hypotheses.htm

Comment

Yesterday 08:54 PM
                        Jim Denning Quote:
                        Originally Posted by jdchess

they usually do
                        12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
                        Jim Denning
                        Registered User Join Date: Aug 2004

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by derinos
                        JDCHESS:
                        "
                        In the Bible, Genesis gives no duration. "In the beginning" and a poetic one week's work, is all you get, and afterwards, no measures mark the major early epochs. How long, for instance in the Garden of Eden? And the giants there were in ancient time.
                        So whatever science can make of Time, our ancient fossil records, the immense geologic story, a Universe where light has not yet reached us despite travelling since The Begining, whatever they honestly discover, it will never contradict any Bible timeline. Because that Book does not actually declare one.

AUGH BUT THE BIBLE SAYS ONE THING YOU DON'T ACCOUNT FOR
                        "go and replenish the earth"
                        you see the bible talks of a time before man and between creation when there was a creation that ended and god choose adam to start the repacement
                        your idea of what happened doesnt allow for man being smart getting dumb and smart again . all it allows for is a steady progression.and no variance from that basic plot
                        yet the world is full of examples of man being smart and reaching a point we are only reaching again.
                        i meantioned before pee reese 's map he wasnt a ballplayer but an sea captain who took source maps and made a map. this map gives the shoreline of the antartic . yeah the shoreline. with technology developed in the last decades of the 1900s they just authenticated it. amazing since its been under ice for many millenia .........
                        ****So THAT is what sidetracked this thread!!! But it was fun! ****

Comment

derinos

To get back on track, this is the kind of information that jdchess was investigating:

"From: Ohr Somayach (Ask the Rabbi)

I have been asked by a colleague at work what event marks the beginning of the Jewish calendar? I have always understood that we date our years from the Creation. Am I correct? Can you quote any sources I can use to back up my theory? --Sharon Cohen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Dear Sharon Cohen,

You're right. We are now in the year 5759 from the creation of Adam. We have an unbroken tradition that this is so; we've been writing this in our marriage documents for thousands of years.

For textual sources, look at the chronologies from Adam down through Avraham (Genesis, Chapters 5,11). This shows that Avraham was born in the year 1948 (!) from Creation. The Exodus from Egypt was 500 years later (Genesis 21:5, 15:13), bringing us to the year 2448. Add 480 years from the Exodus until the First Temple (Kings I, 6:1) and you have 2928. Add 410 years that the First Temple stood, 70 years of Babylonian exile, 420 years that the Second Temple stood, and 1931 years since its destruction. This gives you exactly 5759. "

Any comments?
                          Last time I Asked The Rabbi, he said it was a continuation of the Babylonian calendar, which implied that the Babylonians originated the Creation date.(D)

Comment

please provide a link to your information about the So-Called Proven Antarctic shoreline?

Comment

derinos

M O'connor: I think your request for supporting links to the "Piri Reis Antarctic Claim" was addressed to Mr. Denning.
                              Anyway,
                              while your Aramco link proved the ultimate source, including translations of Reis' Turkish comments (No wonder I couldn't make out the print!), I visited meanwhile the "Piri Reis Project" section of the mcneese.edu links. It included a display of about 7 earlier and contemporary charts (from which Piri Reis copied in synthesizing his 1513 own, as he freely admitted. )
                              The 1510 chart by Gloreanus is noteworthy with the East coast of Argentina, in its proper place, terminating in open ocean. The details correspond so well with Piri's rotated section, mistaken for Antarctica, that it must have been his copy-source (for that coast). A cape which, in rotated position, is claimed to represent the Antarctic Palmer Peninsula, corresponds perfectly on both charts.

Comment

Originally posted by derinos
                                Yesterday 08:54 PM
                                Jim Denning Quote:
                                Originally Posted by jdchess

they usually do
                                12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
                                Jim Denning
                                Registered User Join Date: Aug 2004

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by derinos
                                JDCHESS:
                                "
                                In the Bible, Genesis gives no duration. "In the beginning" and a poetic one week's work, is all you get, and afterwards, no measures mark the major early epochs. How long, for instance in the Garden of Eden? And the giants there were in ancient time.
                                So whatever science can make of Time, our ancient fossil records, the immense geologic story, a Universe where light has not yet reached us despite travelling since The Begining, whatever they honestly discover, it will never contradict any Bible timeline. Because that Book does not actually declare one.

AUGH BUT THE BIBLE SAYS ONE THING YOU DON'T ACCOUNT FOR
                                "go and replenish the earth"
                                you see the bible talks of a time before man and between creation when there was a creation that ended and god choose adam to start the repacement
                                your idea of what happened doesnt allow for man being smart getting dumb and smart again . all it allows for is a steady progression.and no variance from that basic plot
                                yet the world is full of examples of man being smart and reaching a point we are only reaching again.

i meantioned before pee reese 's map he wasnt a ballplayer but an sea captain who took source maps and made a map. this map gives the shoreline of the antartic . yeah the shoreline. with technology developed in the last decades of the 1900s they just authenticated it. amazing since its been under ice for many millenia .........
                                ****So THAT is what sidetracked this thread!!! But it was fun! ****
                                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                                I was refering to your last paragraph, I thought you might have a link to some article proving Antartica was on the map? Maybe it was a quote from someone else?.

Comment

Working...
                                X