Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing Answers to Profile Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Answers to Profile Questions?

At Genographic Project, the Profile has new questions in the "About My Family" section. After answering the questions and saving them, the answers disappear if I leave the page and then return. I tried re-entering and re-saving the answers several times, but they still disappear when I leave the page and return. I tried with a different computer and still experienced this problem. Oddly, some (but not all) of the original answers that were in place on the page are sporadically disappearing, too, in addition to all new answers.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there any known solution?

Originally posted by Everwaiting View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there any known solution?
    My family data went away too. The solution is too stay away from them. They may be good for a few snps, but that is about it.
    I donated $15 for the privilege of transferring my data to Genographic. Been stuck on 80% since last year.
    As Bob Seger sang
    Sunspot Baby
    She sure had me way outguessed

Comment

It is a mess. Since I responded to their email I have been receiving numerous emails from them acknowledging my response. The time stamp of their emails indicate I have been onsite even when I am offline!

The emails come from [email protected] so it looks like another SNAFU from FTDNA IT.

Recently the graphics for both my MtDNA and Y "Stories" have undergone wholesale changes. Why is that? The data is the data and my dataset is the same as all others who took the test. Shouldn't I be grouped with all other R-L23 and C1c's?

Comment

I, for one don't, believe that!

I can't see how a complaint about the incompetence of FTDNA's IT has any bearing on "family search" and if criticisms of same dishearten you you could just stay away from this forum.

Comment

Tomcat has been very helpful to me. Specifically he encouraged me to test all 111 strs. In addition, Tomcat started the very helpful L150 thread.
          I prefer The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in my forum reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Everwaiting View Post
            At Genographic Project, the Profile has new questions in the "About My Family" section. After answering the questions and saving them, the answers disappear if I leave the page and then return. I tried re-entering and re-saving the answers several times, but they still disappear when I leave the page and return. I tried with a different computer and still experienced this problem. Oddly, some (but not all) of the original answers that were in place on the page are sporadically disappearing, too, in addition to all new answers.
            UPDATE: The issue is now resolved. (Entering an answer that was too long may have caused the problem.)

Comment

And I am happy to report I am no longer receiving dozens of Thank You emails from [email protected]

Comment

This thread about Disappearing Answers (to Genographic questions) is also characterized by Disappeared Postings.

Please ignore my posts in response to the removed posts. The only posts now relevant refer to the Genographic Project.

Comment

Working...
                X