Is Hep B Resistance in my Genes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hep B Resistance in my Genes?

I am in Paternal E3b (M35) and Maternal K. Full blood Ashkenazi Jewish on both side of the family. When I got a Hepatitis B shot for a work-related exposure I expected to develop some degree of immunity. I did not expect my antibodies count to be 87 times what is considered to be immune. This result is alarming to me because I fear that with a titer count that high, there is probably some type of heterozygote advantage. I spoke with Dr. Greenspan at FT's Jewish Genealogy Department, and he said that this is possible. I would like to know what if any genetic diseases this result would be consistent with. I suspect that someone knows the answer to this question and it is just a matter of finding that person. I know that FT does not deal with health issues, but any information I can get about this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ML Zachary
    Last edited by ZacharyML; 26th October 2005, 12:14 PM. Reason: Correction of Spelling Error

A comment

This is just a test post,because it keeps erasing.

Comment

Vaccine resistance and Ashkanazi Jewiish Rainbows

I've never heard of vaccine resistance, but anything's possible ;I guess someone will have to come up with a new way to keep you ill-free.I mainly wanted to comment on your mt K ancestry.I thought mt K was German not "PureJewish".It would be better to say that our ancestry could contain various specified admixtures.I read in a Jewish woman's article that 25% of Jewish people have haplogroup K. But I don't think that K is standard Jewish. Better to say your Mom is German. When it comes to old-fashioned mating A mt K would probably have a R1b mate ,the German man. Mt. K wouldn't be in close proximity to an E male any more than she would be close to a haplo. C male in the Philipines a world away-unless she traveled or married another tribe.

Comment

Vaccines and Ashkanazi-Jewish Rainbows Part2

I've heard of a Jewish man and an Italian man both having Mongolian haplogroup O. Now,apparently that's due to admixture since Mongolian is neither Jewish nor Italian. Neither German,nor Mongolian are PureJewish, but other tribes that Jewish people may have married.

Comment

Future reference:

I am interested in reactions (especially bad ones) to vaccines generally, may be off topic at present, but will eventually be significant I am sure. Private replies welcome; I am not sure how to send one yet.

Nothing to add from the DNA side of it yet as I am new to this at least until I have a basic test done.

If there is another forum to deal with this I would be pleased to hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyML
            I am in Paternal E3b (M35) and Maternal K. Full blood Ashkenazi Jewish on both side of the family. When I got a Hepatitis B shot for a work-related exposure I expected to develop some degree of immunity. I did not expect my antibodies count to be 87 times what is considered to be immune. This result is alarming to me because I fear that with a titer count that high, there is probably some type of heterozygote advantage. I spoke with Dr. Greenspan at FT's Jewish Genealogy Department, and he said that this is possible. I would like to know what if any genetic diseases this result would be consistent with. I suspect that someone knows the answer to this question and it is just a matter of finding that person. I know that FT does not deal with health issues, but any information I can get about this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ML Zachary
            on the gold coast of africa malaria struck very strong but the one group that didnt seem to die was the people with cicle cell. the reason is the cicle cell rejects cells of a certain shape just the shape of the malaria cells . thus preventing infection
            in the plague towns were quarentined and food was left outside the town
            some people died some got sick and other s never did why
            because affter lots of research it was determined that a genetic nutation called delta 32 existed and it neutralized the infection. if you didnt have it from youre parents you died 100%, if you got one side from one parent yougot sick and recovered . if you had it from both parents you never got sick.

want some fun go search APOE DEMENTIA and see what you find lol

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/se.../-/-/-/417/top

i am 330lbs 5:9 and my cholesterol is 99 down from 142 when i went on atkins
            genes do everthing
            Last edited by Jim Denning; 31st October 2005, 11:38 AM.

Comment

What's SickleCell got to do with it?

Yeah ,I've heard that sickle cell stuff before,but what has that got to do with this Zachary being immune to the Hepatitis B vaccine? And Jim don't think that those folks with sickle cell are doing great, 'cause they ain't.They may not die from Malaria,but they gonna die from sickle cell which is just as bad,even worse I've heard. Yeah,sikl-cell victims' life IS short and ugly! I'm 5'2 and 124lbs.,I had low blood-pressure (last time I checked)and rather low/normal blood-sugar,and bouts of dizziness. But I'm young and I eat my vegetables,now all I have to do is exercise.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
                Yeah ,I've heard that sickle cell stuff before,but what has that got to do with this Zachary being immune to the Hepatitis B vaccine? And Jim don't think that those folks with sickle cell are doing great, 'cause they ain't.They may not die from Malaria,but they gonna die from sickle cell which is just as bad,even worse I've heard. Yeah,sikl-cell victims' life IS short and ugly! I'm 5'2 and 124lbs.,I had low blood-pressure (last time I checked)and rather low/normal blood-sugar,and bouts of dizziness. But I'm young and I eat my vegetables,now all I have to do is exercise.......

my friend thats how the gene pool works in a wide gene pool divirsity provides escape features. the sickle cell people lived so they were better then the malaria people
                being e3b by itself doesnt mean anything for me because . my actual body does have a ton of stuff from maturnal grand fathers and paternial grandmothers. thats why this dna testing is usless for predicting diseases and only good for identity
                see your granddad has to be what you are but he also was a combination of other chromisones from all the lines he has had.its when you have a small pool to pick from that defects get multiplied and bundled small genepools are ok if you start out with good dna and dont run into anything none of your asncestors havent seen
                there is a temptation to say oh my family has alzhimers so its cause we are e3bs but in truth it is cause we lived in a small town and everyone has the defective gene apoe which cause high bloodpressure and harding of the arteries. then when treated with lipitor the cholesterol goeas down and the secondary funtion of apoe comes in and it creates amyloid protien and causes alzhimers

now you can say e3b caused the heart attacks at 55 but marring a h7 instead of a h2 which we usually married well that changed everything and now the family is plagued by dementia

you might be tempted to make that conclusion if you believed these haplogroups had anything to do with it. but the truth is a reg gene app is malformed and make apoe and that liptior stoped the heart attacks at 55 and caused the dementia at 48. but you didnt know about the apoe thing so you say there isnt any connection and the dementia isnt genetic. when it is

its not until the second generation of lipitor treated individuals in your family
                comedown with that dementia.

the point is it doesnt matter what haplogroup you are and whatever your group of allees are . these genes are not the same ones that cause diseases

what does matter is diversity exposure to ancestors all of them

Comment

also the net result is the sickle cell people might have past on ydna to children when malaria wiped out almost all the other people in the area making the ydna of the sickle cell people domminent in the area of africa

dont get hung up on one disease against another it has happened time and time again if this birdflu is as bad as i think . there will be some people who dont get sick and they can bury the rest and their ydna will take over the region

Comment

still living

Yeah,you're smart and funny-we'll see.....

Comment

Hep B vaccine

For ZacharyML: I also belong to haplogroup K and I too had a reaction to the Hep B vaccine. I had a very high pulse rate that would not subside for about 2 hours. I actually went to the hospital and was released after about an hour. I never had a titer done afterward.. now I am wondering what it would have shown. The people who administered the vaccine told me I would probably have sufficient protection with just one shot.. I wasn't about to get another anyway. Maybe just a coincidence.. NC2015

Comment

Working...
                      X